Specialty Field Capability Manager (SFCM)
City : 7333 Mississauga Road North
Category : Other
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : GSK
Posted Date: Feb 12 2024
- The Specialty Field Capability Manager will partner with the General Medicines Hospital Business Managers, Field Capability Managers, and cross functional partners to contribute to defining specialty sales team priorities and driving initiatives to accelerate skill and capability development of the General Medicines Specialty Sales Teams
- Working in conjunction the Hospital Business Managers across the country, and reporting to the Ontario Regional Sales Director, the SFCM will accelerate impact in the skills and capabilities aligned to Hospital Sales Representative responsibilities; key account management, hospital formulary process, persuasion and influencing skills with high clinical aptitude to accelerate performance of our products with specialty customers aligned to their unique needs
- The Specialty Field Capability Manager will report to the Ontario Regional Sales Director and work closely with the West and Atlantic and Quebec Regional Sales Directors and Hospital Business Managers in all 3 regions to support skills and capabilities of the Hospital Sales Representatives
- The Specialty Field Capability Manager is a field-based role and will reside in Ontario with regular in-field coaching support in Ontario with travel to Atlantic provinces, and some travel across Western provinces on an ad-hoc basis. Attending meetings at to the Ontario head office will be a requirement as well.
- Success in this role will prepare the individual for future people leadership roles such as First Line Sales Leader.
Details (Your) Responsibilities:
- Actively support the regional leadership team to drive a culture of leadership, support, excellence, competitiveness, innovation, and best practice sharing among the specialty and primary care sales team.
- Identify, develop, and implement agile training solutions to enhance the Hospital Sales team’s capabilities aligned to the Sales CEO Capability Framework
- Effectively collaborate with the GSK cross-functional team: Marketing, Medical Education, Selling Excellence to drive strategic activities aligned to the region’s success.
- Partner with Regional Field Capability Managers, Sales Managers and support in-field coaching aligned to the individual’s specific coaching plan to improve in-call excellence and strategic business ownership capabilities.
- Keep current on relevant matters including brand strategies, external events, healthcare landscape changes, market dynamics, company business, policy, and procedures to insure 100% compliant, accurate and relevant coaching aligned to brand strategies.
- Conduct learning needs assessments in collaboration with the business to clearly understand and define the capability gaps.
- Support the Regional Sales Directors and Hospital Business Managers to plan and conduct sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate Hospital Sales Representatives.
- Approx 40-60% field coaching in addition to national and regional meetings, overnight travel will be required.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical sales including specialty sales and previous key account management
- Seasoned leader of cross-functional teams and contributor in leadership teams
- Demonstrated success to exceed sales targets
- Experience in coaching to Selling Ways: Customer Engagement and Business Ownership
- Base understanding and experience of the end-to-end learning process i.e. learning needs assessment, program design & delivery and learning evaluation & assessment.
- Proven ability to listen and interpret customer needs and then translate into an effective offering.
- Track record of strong project management skills across small to medium scale projects.
- Experience of leading ‘development’ initiatives i.e., training, coaching, learning initiatives
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.