Specialized Operations Associate
City : CALGARY, Alberta
Category : Part-Time
Industry : Stores
Employer : The Bay
What This Position is All About:
Under the leadership of the Assistant General Manager, Operations, the Specialized Operations Associate is responsible for the daily operations of the General Office and operational functions of the Jewelry Department.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrates comfort in flexing all communication styles and establishes positive interpersonal relationships
- Evaluates progress against key performance drivers and assess organizational opportunities and risks
- Drives positive outcomes through objectives and measures while monitoring progress and results
- Consistently generates and shares original ideas, tackling both simple and complex problems
You Also Have:
- · Ability to lift cartons, climb ladders, and handle racks and carts of merchandise. Lifting of up to 15 pounds may be required
- Must have strong computer skills, i.e. Google, MS Office, and adapt to changing technology
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team oriented environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as per business needs & adheres to Dependability standards Demonstrates attention to detail and keeps personal work space organized
- Ability to apply store policies & procedures to help in decision-making
- Verbal and written communication skills; handles telephone and face to face interactions effectively and professionally
As The Specialized Operations Associate, You Will:
- General Office
- Opening the store: safe, controller, registers and distributing reports
- Maintaining daily functions, including but not limited to; morning cash entry, processing bank deposits, reconciling chargebacks, and counting register and petty cash
- Resolving customer issues, both internal and external, i.e. researching/payment of bills, tracking/processing customer packages
- Jewelry Operations
- Follows Jewelry Standards and Shipping Guidelines
- Receive, verify, and properly book all jewelry in accordance with Company standards
- Effectively processes re-tickets, RTV's, Transfers, ASN Shipments and price changes
- Retrieve and process all merchandise to be returned/transferred to the vendor in accordance with Company standards
- Ensure case counts are completed, all merchandise is entered into the case count system after receipt, and all discrepancies are reconciled
- Maintain a repair log, track all repairs sent to the vendor or local shop, and submit repair invoices
- Assist as needed with merchandising cases and placing new product on the sales floor
- Receive and verify all merchandise for trunk shows, assist in show set-up/take down and recap results
- Prepare and submit all special order requests and Statements of Sale when requested
- Communicate with Corporate Merchants, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control and vendors as needed
o Internal Audit readiness and adherence to Internal Audit standards, including but not limited to monitoring vault/safe contents to remain up-to-date (audit ready)
o Assist managers and associates on the selling floor as necessary
o Process Omni Fulfillment orders
Your Life and Career at SFA:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.