Specialist Radio Systems
City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2C 4X9
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As a Specialist Radio Systems you will be expected to provide CP with supporting voice and data communication systems. The successful candidate will also support Train Control Communication system including validating RF design, site surveying and providing technical support to field resources. This individual will also be responsible with assigned projects ensuring completion within targeted budget and finish dates.
- Responsible for independently performing technical support assignments in functional area which involves technical support, evaluation and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Provide support radio system across Canada and USA.
- Provide support and oversight to field technical support staff.
- Good understanding RF propagation principles and antenna theories.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Mentor and train S&C Technicians for best practices.
- Assist in radio system studies, project and product requirements reviews.
- Develop and perform radio system installation, configuration and upgrading guidelines
- Provide on-call support and response on a rotating cycle for incidents and emergencies to support CP’s 24/7 operation.
- Diploma in Electronics or another technical field
- Technical training (Qualification as an S&C Maintainer or S&C Technician) is an asset.
- Two (2) years’ experience in railway signals and communications is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working with RF systems in the Land Mobile Radio industry
- Must have valid driver’s license;
- Proven ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytics skills;
- Knowledge of industrial electronics or microprocessors would be an asset;
- Strong problem solving skills and decision making skills;
- Strong data analysis experience required;
- Must be proficient with MS Office, experience with SAP would be an asset;
- Strong communication industry base knowledge.
- Travel for work on in remote locations may be required on occasion.
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 101271
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 4
- Job Available to: Internal & External