Specialist, Planning Performance, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5J1A7
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174510
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Scotia Digital Planning Team is a high-performing, flexible team that operates at the intersection of the business, technology, product, design and delivery accountable for the planning of prospective Scotia Digital projects. We work closely with business and technology partners across the bank, as well as Scotia Digital senior management, business operations teams, product teams, engineering teams, and delivery professionals to advance Scotia Digital’s and the Bank’s strategy.
An individual contributor, the Planning Operations Specialist is a key member of the team and is accountable for managing the day-to-day planning process velocity and effectiveness.
Is this role right for you?
- Manages and monitors the day-to-day execution of the end-to-end planning process
- Ensures that entrance and exit criteria of each stage in the planning process is met within defined SLAs and prioritization guidelines, generating all required outputs with necessary reviews and approvals
- Analyzes the number and velocity of requests flowing through the work intake process
- Identify the gates that are bottlenecks which are blocking high value requests
- Ensures transparency on the overall status of both individual and organizational level planning operations through production of high-quality reporting and communications that distill complex concepts into easy-to-understand formats for consumption by a wide variety of stakeholders including senior leadership
- Collaborate with Sr Manager and other Planning team members to ensure dashboards and pipeline data completeness
- Observes processes and proposes improvements to continually progress planning efficiency and effectiveness
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout the team and organization to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Planning cycle protecting the life/work balance of all team members, participants, and stakeholders and making planning a great experience for all involved.
- Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships with Planning Execution team, Product Managers, Engineering Leads, Planning Managers, Planning Coordinators, and other project and portfolio stakeholders to optimize Planning cycle efficiency
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 3 - 5 years of project management and planning experience, with experience in large enterprises, preferably in the banking industry
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline
- Graduate degree in business or related field is an asset
- Scrum Master certification or PMP certification is an asset
- Understanding of Agile project management principles and practices and experience planning projects in an Agile environment
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.