Specialist, Network Provisioning
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Managing core network elements from a capacity and utilization perspective which includes adding new hardware, triggered by strategic work, by growth or by customer demand.
- Managing core network elements from a facilities perspective which includes adding or augmenting links and facilities based on thresholds.
- Working with our planning partners to deliver new strategic programs and providing inputs to capital requirements.
- Working with the associate teams to implement provisioning work and work deployment
- Working with our provisioning technicians to implement new hardware or facilities based on proper change guidelines.
- Managing capital budgets to meet yearly targets and providing inputs for future budgets.
- Understanding and familiarity with engineering guidelines for different technologies.
- Working with management teams to implement continuous improvement initiatives for better efficiency with existing processes and tools.
- Remaining current with evolving telecommunications and IT technologies
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong interpersonal communications, team relations skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good understanding of IP networks and Internetworking
- Ability to lead in a fast paced environment
- Self motivated individual with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain leading edge technical skills in a rapidly changing environment.
- Superior PC and Automation skills
- Autonomy, creativity, leadership and good judgement are among the most important qualities
- Previous management of IP networks an asset
- Ability to contribute to software and automation programs
- Industry recognized certifications such as: Cisco CCNA/DA or Juniper JNCIA
- Flexibility to work additional time as required to meet commitments
- Broad knowledge of Telecom industry trends an asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/07/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.