Specialist, Learning & Performance On – Site
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Human Resources
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
At Shoppers Specialty Health Network, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
The “Learning and Performance Specialist” role is an exciting opportunity to work with the Learning and Development team at Specialty Health Network. Under the direction of the Learning and Performance Manager, this multifaceted role will perform quality call monitoring, evaluation, reporting, analytics, content development, coaching and facilitation.
Call Evaluation and Reporting
· Analyze, score and evaluate recorded and/or live calls and or files using quality monitoring scorecard within set timelines in compliance with policies and procedures and all applicable governing legislation
· Facilitate and coordinate calibration sessions with internal stakeholders to maintain alignment on program best practices
· Participate in the design and development of quality assessment tools to sustain program excellence and reinforce our customer service pillars
· Prepare reports, dashboards and presentations that bring quantitative and qualitative data and insights on individual performance and continuous improvement to meet and exceed KPIs
· Conduct a thorough analysis of monthly call quality results. Using analytical skills and extensive knowledge of programs, provide recommendations, trends and gaps to help propose solutions for improvement on performance of individual staff and programs
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement on processes and procedures that impact the patient journey
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of Patient Support Programs and market access to recommend strategies that ensure the highest level of quality is achieved while supporting patients in a timely manner
Coach and Facilitate
· Deliver one-on-one and group coaching sessions with staff
· Facilitate in-person and virtual training to new hires, existing employees, on systems and tools (Salesforce), processes, programs and technical training to various levels at the organization
· Collaborate with people leaders and partners to support the development of staff knowledge, skills and capabilities through the delivery of individual and group coaching and training plans
· Demonstrate, maintain and convey in depth expertise on business processes, patient support programs, reimbursement navigation and program workflows
Design and Develop:
· Collaborate with internal clients and the L&D team to identify training priorities and determine curriculum design, course content, and delivery methodology
· Design training outlines and collaborate on appropriate instructional methods
· Develop and maintain training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids and reference documents
· Assist in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for individuals and teams
· Attend team meetings, initiative training, and other project meetings as assigned
· Manage virtual and in-person classroom setup, facilities logistics, material reproduction and distribution. Ensure building rooms and meeting rooms are booked and prepared
· Schedule monitor and report on participants attendance
· Work with business operations to support training initiatives, programs, and reports
Evaluation of Training, Quality and Performance
· Apply assessment tools to evaluate quality metrics, training, coaching and performance deliverables against objectives/KPI's, to measure effectiveness and to ensure continuous improvement
· Prepare and present recommendations for training and performance development based on assessments, data, and survey results
The Learning and Performance Specialist, Learning & Development will also carry out other duties and projects as required, to be delegated by the Senior Manager, Learning & Development, Manager, Learning & Development, Manager, Learning and Performance
Qualifications and Skills
· Post-secondary degree/diploma in adult education/quality management or related field
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote, Power Point, Teams meeting required
· Knowledge and experience with quality in a call center environment an asset
· Experience facilitating calibration and coaching sessions
· Ability to work independently with keen attention to detail combined with a high degree of professionalism
· Experience with data mining, preparing reports, presenting information to stakeholders
· Knowledge of patient support programs and reimbursement navigation an asset
· Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, decision-making, and listening skills. Superior oral and written communication, analytical and time management skills
· A strong team player with the ability to engage with all levels of stakeholders
· Previous Salesforce experience an asset
· Lean Six Sigma certification, project management an asset
· Bilingual ( French English) an asset
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.