Specialist, Financial Modelling
City : Toronto (GTA), ON
Category : Finance and Accounting
Industry : Food and Beverage Production
Employer : Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited
Facility Location- Toronto
Work Location -
Posting Locations - Toronto (GTA), ON
Department - Large Store/Small Store
Job Function - Finance and Accounting
Employee Type - Regular Employee FT Salaried
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, We are Coke Canada!
Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited is Canada’s premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centers, and 5 production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq’s®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and Vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy® and A&W®.
We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
About This Opportunity
We are seeking a dedicated financial modeler to join our growing Commercial Finance team. You will need to have excellent technical skill of Excel (or similar software) and use that to create complex financial models. The financial models will primarily be used to perform profitability analysis for multi-year customer agreements and other strategic projects. The KPIs produced by the model (e.g. NPV, IRR, ROI, payback, profit margin and cashflow) will be used by the business to determine the financial viability of the business proposal.
Your duties will include creating financial models and templates in collaboration with key business stakeholders across various functions. This role reports directly to the Commercial Finance Director.
- Use Excel to create high-quality financial model for evaluating profitability of customer agreements and projects.
- Working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, RGM, Finance and Supply Chain) to obtain requirements and ensure sound logics are built in the model.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the model with key users before model goes live.
- Financial models will require the following elements:
- Functionality that enable evaluation of risks and opportunities with sensitivity analysis (i.e. “what if” scenario analysis)
- Model will involve extensive data inputs from various sources and complex calculations in the backend with a user-friendly frontend interface that allows users to select variables and enter inputs with clarity.
- Checks-and-balances functionality to determine reasonability of the inputs.
- Model will generate a clear financial summary with KPIs that is easy to understand by the business.
- Mechanics for updating actual performance to support post evaluation of the business proposal.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, mathematics or data analytics preferred.
- Excellent/Expert Excel skills or experience with similar spreadsheet software, including the use of charts, macros, and VBA
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and a solid understanding of financial analysis terminology.
- A keen eye for detail and an ability to sift through large data sets to extract meaningful information.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification and driver’s abstract review. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regard to this once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with a number of programs, policies and resources in place to support our people.
For individuals with disabilities, should you require accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.
For more information about Coke Canada Bottling, please visit cokecanada.com