Specialist, Finance – General Accounting
City : Toronto (GTA)
Category : Administrative/Clerical/Office Support
Industry : Food and Beverage Production
Employer : Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited
Work Location - Toronto (Hybrid)
Employee Type - Regular Employee FT Salaried
About This Opportunity
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with financial stewardship of the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement, including budgeting reporting and forecasting activities. You will also assist with the journal entry and account reconciliation process and prepare financial reports and analytics. This includes financial statements, monthly reports, quarterly and year-end internal/external reporting packages, and government surveys.
• Prepares reporting packages, management discussion & analytics (MD&A’s), and presentations
• Balance sheet budgeting, forecasting and analytics
• Assists with posting activities and the monthly closing of financial records, ensuring accuracy of financial statements
• Reviews classifications of income and expenses for accuracy and appropriateness
• Verifies that expenses are processed consistently with company policy
• Prepares adjusting entries each month as needed
• Provides accounting assistance to stakeholders; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs
• Ensures subledger and general ledger processes are in place and maintained to include required documentation
• Ensures compliance with Canadian ASPE (Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises)
• Co-ordinates the follow-up and resolution of issues within General Ledger accounts
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
• Accounting designation or working towards completing an accounting designation: CPA Ontario is an asset
• 3+ years of experience in accounting and financial analysis
• Experience with SAP preferred, and intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent organizational skills combined with a high level of attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent analytical, planning, interpersonal and communication skills
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love. We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. In addition, all new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide Coke Canada with proof of vaccination. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regard to any of the foregoing once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: [[id]]