City : Canada
Category : FD-Philanthropy Marketing
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Donor Relations Specialist
Employee Working Location: Remote/Virtual (Canada)
Employment status: Permanent, full-time
Salary band: $34,462 - $50,000 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022, is seeking a Bilingual Specialist-Donor Relations to join the Philanthropy Marketing Department.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will work with the Supervisor, Donor Experience Operations, and Associate, Donor Experience; the Donor Relations Specialist is a vital part of the overall health of the Donor journey. The central role of the Donor Relations Specialist is to provide the best-in-class service to donors and to the public.
In this role, you will:
Manage Donor & General Public inquiries
- Investigate complex donor inquiries through to completion. Focus on donor satisfaction through the resolution of inquiries and add value to donor conversations. Skill set for donor inquiries includes CRM data entry, creating and handling tickets through an online ticket (ie. Jira, Zendesk) platform.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to gather information and seek donor-friendly solutions.
- Provide feedback to the Supervisor, Customer Experience Operations on any issues or procedural gaps experienced during the investigation of donor issues.
- Resolve escalated complaints and inquiries. Skill set includes researching online and internally to find appropriate answers, writing emails, making phone calls, and creating/editing letters.
- Ability to think critically and decide the difference between what is urgent and what is important.
Conduct Quality Assurance, coaching & mentorship for frontline agents
- Weekly check-ins with the contact center supervisor to communicate targeting coaching and mentorship through the lens of improving Customer Satisfaction & Resolution metrics.
- Monitor and resolve financial & non-financial transactions and provide weekly coaching to reduce overall error rates.
- Report error trends and agent team opportunities to the Supervisor, Customer Experience Operations, or their delegate.
Support the development, execution & revision of training materials and job aids
- Use existing scripts, suggested responses, and documents to craft responses to suit any situation and scenario.
- Create job aids and scripting to improve agent fundraising results (ie. Videos, word flows, articles, etc.).
- Identify & report gaps in agent knowledge through conversations and discover scenario meetings, focus groups, online chat, etc.).
- Support the development or revision of Agent training materials; translates, edit and proofread a variety of documents from English into French (and French to English to a lesser extent) taking into account technical and industry-specific concepts and terminologies.
- Participate in the peer-training modules for new associates through a virtual or in-person platform.
- Support the documentation of Tier 2 Level processes. Report on roadblocks, waste, or inefficiencies with existing processes.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are post-secondary education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution and 1-3 or more years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both in English and French, are mandatory.
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool for tracking and updating customer, client, or donor information.
- Knowledge of customer service standards.
- Knowledge of direct marketing and fundraising a definite asset.
- Ability to effectively develop strong cross-functional working relationships, evidenced by a track record of teamwork and collegiality, building relationships within and beyond the Philanthropy department in a virtual working environment.
- High level of proficiency and accuracy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Fundraising Databases (BBCRM experience an asset).
- Exceptional organizational, time management, technical and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, national environment with multiple conflicting demands, and ambiguity, adapt quickly in changing circumstances, and is comfortable with “managing in the grey”.
- Create, align, and translate vision and strategies into concrete and cohesive plans that align daily work with the vision and directions of the Philanthropy operational objectives.
- Lead and foster an open dialogue and collaboration across the organization to drive alignment and interdependence; ability to add value to service conversations by catering to the donor’s specific interest areas.
- The majority of this work will be performed in a safe and clean environment. Hybrid working model (office and home).
- Occasionally required to work non-traditional hours during times of disaster response and/or appeal. Domestic travel will be required to attend meetings or conferences.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.