City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 407597
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The position of the Wireline DevOps Application Support Specialist provides end-to-end support for a subset of 80+ applications. The application support specialist will be required to work closely with our software Vendors, our SysAdmin Teams as well as the incident and change management teams.
The candidate will primarily be supporting our applications, which provide Service Assurance and Provisioning tool functionalities of the data transport, network surveillance and the DSL, FTTN, FTTH, WTTH & IPTV services.
Provide peers with L3 support on occasion on and off shift.
• Work closely with our vendors and sysadmin team to resolve application & server issues
• Work with Application Owners (AOs) on application and server issues
• Work on all Service Manager tickets that are assigned to your group
• Write special scripts for data collection when required (short & quick) and provide support for these scripts
• Perform application monitoring and develop monitoring scripts/software
• Complete application run book updates (small changes)
• Work with North Bound Interface (NBI) Application Owners (AOs), providing application support for NBI related issues
• Open trouble tickets with Vendor (for bug management)
• Advise NTI Specialist to track bugs when patches and work-around solutions are required
• Help Desk (for Service Manager requests, “Interaction” or “Incident” type requests)
• Change Management (for maintenance and upgrade activities)
• Complete application patches and upgrades
• Perform upgrades
• Install and test patches
• Build and Install data collection scripts
• Project-specific duties
• Participate on projects where new Applications will be required
• Interface between IT, TD, OPS, Developers and other NTS groups
• Participate as Application SME and assist with requirements building
• Determine Operational Acceptance criteria for Applications and build/implement test plans
• Arrange (with COVE lab and SMEs) for equipment to be installed and commissioned
• Provide peers with L3 support on occasion on and off shift
• Available to provide off-hours support via pager rotation
• A candidate with experience delivering and operating large, distributed, and resilient software systems in cloud/virtual environments (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Consul, Helm)
• Extensive experience with Linux administration and tuning
• Good Experience with DevOps and CI/CD (e.g. Git, Jenkins, GoCD, Ansible, Sonar, Consul, Docker, K8S)
• Solid Java development & architecture background (Microservice architecture, Springboot)
• Someone with a high technical depth, architecture experience and technical leadership who can bring new solutions to the table and challenge established solutions
• Someone enthusiastic who can quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, with a strong aptitude for innovation
• Someone who can slice and dice a business/system problem into an easy modular and maintainable solution with your team
• A team player who can define, establish and communicate their long term vision, who is adaptable to uncertain and changing needs
• A candidate with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills (A good sense of humour is a bonus!)
• Works well under time constraints/pressure
• A University degree/diploma, preferably, in the area of Engineering or Computer Science
• Programming skills in, e.g. Bash, C Shell, PERL, Java, Python etc.
• Strong Knowledge of Redhat and Solaris
• Familiar with major databases, e.g. Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server, etc.
• Strong IP skills include SNMP, Syslog, network troubleshooting, etc.
• Experience in dealing with issues caused by firewalls and network connectivity
• ITIL training/exposure an asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : London || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 03/31/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, London
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.