Specialist, Case and Project Management
City : See posting
Category : Other
Industry : Public Services/Utilities
Employer : Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)
INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR (IESO)
|Business Unit:||Market Assessment & Compliance|
Why join us?
You’ve got great skills. And you want to use them in an organization where you know what you do every day matters. We get that.
We also know that ensuring Ontarians have access to affordable and reliable power doesn’t happen by accident. So we give you the tools, flexibility and support you need to achieve your goals, and development opportunities to help you grow. You’ll thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment that values your unique skills and experiences – and recognizes that when you do better, we become even better too.
Who we are
The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) works at the centre of the province’s power system, ensuring Ontarians have access to reliable and cost-effective electricity when and where they need it. We operate the province’s electricity grid 24/7, design, run and oversee the wholesale electricity markets, and plan and prepare to meet Ontario’s electricity needs – now and into the future.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Project and Evidence Management, this position provides major case and project management services to MACD line units, in support of the Director of MACD’s governance assurance objectives, which serve as the main purpose of the GDS work unit.
What you’ll do
- Lead the provision of project management and coordination services across MACD’s business units, as assigned to specific cases and projects.
- Ensure that all investigations, cases, projects and activities within the assigned portfolio are following those processes designed and required by MACD policies and/or its legal and statutory obligations, as well as following professional project management procedures.
- Liaise, where applicable, with other IESO business units, including for example, the Project Management Office, to understand and implement project and portfolio management best practices
- Provide guidance, instructions and direction to team members
- Use and direct the use of the key case and project documentation, planning and tracking tools, such as workflow and case management tools, and litigation support systems.
- Develop, lead, ensure, and assist the completion of all MACD-required case and project planning and management documents, such as Project Briefs, Project Plans, Project Reports, Portfolio Activity Reports, Steering Committee Updates, Case Theories, Issue Articulation Frameworks, Risk and Resource Assessments and other documents, as required.
- Work with other GDS Case and Project Managers, and Data Analytics and Technical Support staff to ensure a consolidated and consistent approach to this function in MACD.
- Work collaboratively with other MACD members to effectively implement the goals of the team within the context of MACD’s broader strategic direction
- Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned
What You’ll need to succeed
- Requires academic training in business, engineering, economics or commerce, with an affiliated designation in project management principles.
- Requires excellent command of the English language in order to ensure the effective communication of all aspects of project planning, scheduling, reporting and overall project oversight.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the successful completion of an advanced university degree in engineering, business, economics, commerce, or a related discipline.
- Strong background and demonstrated experience in the application of project management principles and best practices
- Knowledge of, and experience in project organization, support, administration and implementation, including all facets of project planning, tracking, scheduling, budgeting, reporting and general project oversight
- Specific expertise and understanding of: (1) project briefs and business case development; (2) project scoping and scheduling; (3) project monitoring and implementation; and (4) resource allocation
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to prepare and present accurate, concise and clear project-related information to staff, management and stakeholders, as required
- Proven track record of working in a dynamic team environment where opposing opinions and perspectives need to be managed, negotiated and resolved
- Aptitude for project management computing applications including MS Project and MS office software
- PMP (or equivalent certification) is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with North American electricity markets is an asset, but not required
A period of between 8- 10 years in considered necessary to gain this experience.
What’s in it for you
• A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
• A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
• Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
• The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
Deadline: February 13, 2023
For future reference, please ensure to save a copy of the job description as it will no longer be available once the posting closes.
At the IESO, we know that achieving great results depends on embracing diversity by attracting, developing and retaining people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do this by ensuring our recruitment and advancement policies are fair and equitable, and by creating an accessible and inclusive environment – one that values every team member’s unique skills and experiences and ensures they have the support they need to achieve their potential. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We thank you for your interest in a career at the IESO, but we will only contact those candidates selected for an interview.
Note: The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a background check.
The IESO commenced its 6 month Hybrid Work Model Pilot Program on March 28th, 2022. The Model allows for remote working up to three days per week, based on business needs. When working in the office, you will be located at xx
Join our talent community
Sign up for talent community; stay in touch, find out about new opportunities – and discover how you can make a difference. Discover how we use our expertise and commitment to deliver reliable and affordable electricity to Ontario’s businesses and communities, and how we’re innovating to secure a stronger energy future for all Ontarians. Visit Careers at IESO and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn.
Find out why we were selected as Greater Toronto’s Top 2022 Employers, and what we offer.