Sous Chef, Executive Dining (81250002)
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time Management
Industry : Food And Beverages
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Work alongside the Executive Chef in managing food service operations, while leading a dynamic culinary team
- Manage across food outlets and catering
- Hire, train and develop culinary team
- Responsible for food ordering and inventory
- Use creativity in menu planning
- Drive a standard and consistency in food and food service delivery
- Create a safe, inclusive workplace environment
- Build and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship including high levels of client and customer satisfaction and account retention; strong interpersonal relations; and foster a strong safety culture
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Red Seal certification is an asset
- Proven success in managing food services operations in a busy setting
- 2+ years’ experience in a culinary leadership role
- Strong team building, mentorship, and coaching skills
- Menu development experience
- Customer service focus
- High-end dining and catering experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information related to food, menu and labour costing
What Makes Sodexo Different:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater because we believe our everyday actions have a big impact. You belong in a company that allows you to act with purpose and thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- An award-winning employer for Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, and much more. View Sodexo’s latest awards here
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
Instagram: Sodexo Canada (@sodexocanada)
Twitter: Sodexo Canada (@SodexoCanada)
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo Canada | Facebook