Sourcing Manager (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Insurance
Employer : Zurich Canada
Zurich Canada is looking for a Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager who will be responsible for developing strategies to improve cost structure.
This role will optimize external spend through early involvement in the sourcing lifecycle developed through strong partnership with business stakeholders. The Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities to aggregate demand to drive value. The Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager should have knowledge of category management practices, experience in negotiating complex contract/agreements, vendor management skills and demonstrated expertise cross-categorically.
Reporting to the Senior Sourcing Manager you will deliver service to our internal clients, usually at the executive or Sr. Management level. Includes using subject matter expertise to address advanced, high-level questions and issues.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best and most impactful global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day, and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
What you will do -
- Lead negotiations for complex contract requests (Master Service Agreements (MSA), Statement of Work (SOW), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Amendments, etc
- Propose and lead initiatives to drive ongoing evolution of sourcing frameworks, processes and best practice
- Support the development of sourcing strategies and supplier account plans with the input of analysis and insight.
- Research sourcing solutions and best practice, along with leading initiatives to drive ongoing evolution of tools and processes to improve performance and delivery of sourcing services.
- Collaborate with Senior Leaders to manage and execute defined Sourcing Plans through the development and distribution of RFx’s (RFI, RFQ, RFP), vendor communication and development of vendor selection criteria.
- Research sourcing / procurement / vendor management best practice and propose and lead initiatives to drive ongoing evolution of tools and processes to improve performance.
- Manage the ongoing performance of key suppliers including setting objectives and service level agreements (SLAs), tracking and reporting KPI performance, supplier scorecards, and prioritizing and leading improvement efforts where warranted.
- Act as technical expert supporting the business in order to contribute to continuous improvement of sourcing / procurement / vendor management services to stakeholders.
What you bring to the table:
• Bachelors Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Procurement area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Procurement area
Project Management experience, Supply Chain experience, Contract negotiation experience, Source to contract experience, Vendor Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Legal Studies or Supply Chain Management
- Vendor management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Project management skills
- CPM, CPSM, or PMP
What we bring to the table:
A comprehensive health/benefits plan with varying levels of coverage to suit your specific needs
A competitive total compensation package
A chance to work in the exciting world of insurance, with multiple career paths and the opportunity to grow – we encourage internal mobility and take pride in assisting you to reach your career goals and aspirations
We also offer you the opportunity to work with:
A people first organization, with a focus on diversity and inclusion – we encourage you to bring your real self to work
An organization that values your input, and strives to put our employees in a position to make an impact
A collaborative culture where thought diversity is valued
A global organization with a rich, long-standing history
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.