Sourcing Manager, Software Technology Sourcing
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4B6
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 183785
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Sourcing Manager is responsible for leading global Software Technology Sourcing and project activities while working closely with business unit leadership and other sourcing leaders. The Sourcing Manager will collaborate with Sourcing business unit leadership and sourcing leaders in pursuit of improvements in quality, innovation, and service levels. The Sourcing Manager will have the opportunity to improve upon current processes with a goal of centralizing and consolidating company-wide supplier selection. By contributing to a competitive marketplace, the Sourcing Manager will work within the Software Sourcing category and focus on the procurement of perpetual, SaaS and cloud software, including software-related professional services.
- Triage incoming software sourcing intake requests and recommend distribution of software sub-categories such as databases, end user computing, integration, business process management, etc.
- Develop relationships with IT leaders to support enterprise objectives, influence key stakeholders and jointly develop strategic sourcing strategies while collaborating on sourcing initiatives and projects
- Collaborate with Business Unit and Operations leaders to fully understand key business drivers, spend drivers, and achieve required support levels
- Lead business value through the development of high quality and cost effective supply relationships, while pursuing and championing total cost of ownership (TCO) savings directly by savings captured through leveraging Bank-wide purchasing volume, strategic supplier relationships, demand management or indirect savings realized by driving innovation and or enhancing the overall effectiveness of the supply management process
- Directly lead and implement best practices in sourcing initiatives
- Manage SaaS in the technology software sourcing category within and across the Bank’s business segments, and serve as a key contributor to a well-developed and evolving supplier management process
- Track sourcing initiatives for multi-functional stakeholder teams, ensuring effective strategy development, market assessments, RFx processes, contract and supplier negotiation, and supplier management while enabling collaboration and innovation between stakeholders and suppliers
- Proactively work with the Business Line VMOs and contract owners to understand business needs, business strategy, and pipeline of contract renewals to build an overall supplier contract strategy (consolidate and reduce contracts where opportunity exists)
- Identify cost savings opportunities and contribute to drive cost savings across all business segments
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree business, finance, computer engineering or related field, Master’s or MBA an asset
- 2 - 3 years working knowledge in the following software sourcing categories is a significant asset
- 2 - 3 years of IT software purchasing experience including cloud/SAAS offerings is required
- Knowledge and working experience with Coupa is required
- Working knowledge and experience of ServiceNow is required
- Knowledge and experience of Icertis an asset
- Progressive software technology sourcing experience an asset
- Expertise in Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.