Solutions Architect, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Architecture and Engineering
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 169586
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
About the role
CCAU (Caribbean, Central America and Uruguay) Digital Banking supports development of digital banking capabilities across CCAU, by building best-in-class digital experiences for customers across CCAU.
CCAU Digital Banking teams are guided by three main goals:
1. Strengthening our partnership with regional business and IT&S teams
2. Enhancing existing systems and investing in a new mobile application for 2019
3. Modernizing our software design & development practices
Our teams are responsible for the development, implementation and support of solutions, developed with a mix of software tools, vendor products and technology in varying degrees and complexity.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
As the Solution Architect, you will be responsible for detailed technical specifications for a number of new technologies on programs of high complexity for all platforms supported by CCAU Digital Banking. In addition, you will design solutions, improve processes, create estimates, work on roadmaps and communicate and work with other solution architects and teams across the bank.
You will need to apply your deep technical knowledge in order to architect and deploy centrally or locally managed technology and solutions. You will be mapping common business problems to reusable end-to-end solutions.
- Providing technical architectural designs solutions/reviews for CCAU Engineering projects / initiatives
- Partnering with key stakeholders such as Enterprise Information Systems, Digital Factory, Information & Security Advisory, etc. to ensure proposed solutions align to business requirements, as well as appropriate Scotiabank technical and security standards or frameworks
- Produce technical solution documents, design/architecture diagrams, security design documentation as required to support new, proposed or existing CCAU Engineering solutions
- Deliver technical presentations or knowledge walkthroughs of existing and proposed application systems to various audiences including project team members, peer technology teams and management
- Providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity
- Mentoring and coaching other team members on technical issues, set standards and code reviews
- Acting as an internal consultant on all infrastructure related items while participating in all phases of the project development life cycle
- Participate in interview process for hiring developers, as per project needs
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- 7-10 years of technical working experience in Consulting or Corporate Systems Development environments or equivalent
- Solid background in system and application architecture solutions, development, maintenance, and support of a variety of banking / applications on different technologies and platforms
- Expert knowledge of web-based information technology principles, System Integration, Methodologies and Standards / Metrics.
- Technical hands-on working experience / working knowledge of following technologies:
- Extensive experience in creating full stack solutions (Frontend and Backend)
- Experience in designing solutions using Micro services architecture, design patterns and frameworks
- Experience with Cloud based environments, Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment Tools such as Jenkins, Sonar Queue, etc.
- Distributed system development using Web Services (SOAP or Restful), HTTPs, JSON & MQ.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and is capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives
- Lead technical discussions and drive solution build
- Self-starter, fast learner with positive attitude and team player
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.