Solutions Architect- Identity & Access Management, (GCS)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
You will be responsible for architectural delivery in the IAM Domain for Global Cyber Security Services. You will play a critical role in defining the end-to-end architectures and designs for both workforce and customer IAM solutions within a global multi-cloud environment, and driving RBC incrementally towards an event, API, and ML/AI-based target state architecture. This is a deeply technical, delivery, and leadership-oriented role, and provides a unique opportunity to work closely with numerous business and functional areas across the bank.
What will you do?
- Define solutions realizing workforce and customers’ IAM capabilities, develop and evolve solution architectures and designs, demonstrate solutions meet stakeholders’ requirements, and obtain approval on your architectures and designs at the architecture review board.
- Propose, evaluate and recommend solution alternatives that best meet business strategy, requirements, current state environment constraints and alignment to target state architecture.
- Deliver architectures and designs in both agile and iterative waterfall project delivery models and propose and implement improvements to improve the viability of the solutions to meet program timelines, budget and quality measurements.
- Support the development of comprehensive IAM strategy roadmaps, providing input to ensure project investments are moving RBC towards the target state architecture, and representing the architecture renewal and maintenance perspective.
- Author patterns to drive reuse of IAM solutions across the bank.
- Drive the technical evaluation of third-party technologies and products.
- Be an authoritative and trusted partner with deep, practical experience in workforce and customer IAM and solution architecture best practices to various business and functional areas across the bank, as well as to various risk management and governance functions.
- Liaise with cloud, integration, data, security and infrastructure architecture and development/engineering teams to ensure that all solution architecture views are defined and elaborated.
- Participate in and support the execution of RBC architecture governance.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area of study (computer science, mathematics, engineering, etc.) or other BS/BA degree with a concentration in computer science or information systems
- IT experience of 10+ years with 3-5 years in solution architecture experience on large projects, with proven experience in defining and evolving the architectures of solutions with large user bases from project initiation to implementation to support.
- Technical leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills to guide project delivery teams to implement the solutions that you have defined.
- Extensive knowledge of IAM-related security capabilities (e.g., authentication, authorization, user, credential and role management, access certification, privileged access management, etc.) and their realization and application across the workforce and customer user populations
- Diverse solutions experience in a variety of environments, platforms, and channels, including multi-cloud, SaaS, on-prem, off-prem, mainframe, web, mobile, call center, public clients, etc.
- Hands-on experience in applying a variety of design patterns in solutions, including n-tier, containerization, SPA, microservice, events-driven architecture, SOA.
- Hands-on experience in using a variety of protocols and standards in solutions, including SAML, OAuth, OIDC, XACML, SCIM, ZKP, FIDO2, human workflow, NIST 800-63, etc.
- Hands-on experience with different architecture and design frameworks (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, SABSA), techniques (e.g., OO, Top-down, structured analysis, component-based design), and modeling tools (e.g., Sparx, Rational, ArchiMate, etc.)
- Extensive experience with various IAM products, tools and technologies
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.