City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 144623
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Position: Solutions Architect
Scotiabank is changing the way we think about software development and how we manage and maintain a complex, mission critical technology portfolio, while allowing for growth and differentiation in a highly competitive environment. We are looking for a talented Solution Architect who can help us transform the way we manage content within our organization; supporting the overall design and implementation of a Global Cards Domain. You will help to ensure we are building a cohesive, future forward bank that leverages enterprise technology assets and best practices surrounding the use of modern software development, deployment and operations principles. Clear, professional communication with peers, clients, executives and supporting team representatives is paramount for the position. Reporting to the Director of Global Cards Technology, the Solution Architect will be responsible for leading the technology changes, performance and effectiveness for all applications supporting the Global Card Domain and the Credit Card Business Units.
• Build and Maintain in-depth knowledge of strategic business plans and align to the Global Cards Business Technology Roadmap
• Assist in leading the conversion of the Canadian Credit Card products from a 30+ year old heritage application to a world renown 3rd party Cards Processor.
• Partner with technology teams globally to provide recommendations on how to resolve any capability gaps within systems.
• Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations to modernize BNS Applications
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies
• Author and effectively communicate complex architectural diagrams, concepts, design patterns to a variety of team members from developers to senior leadership.
• You have 10+ years of software development experience with clear progression through various roles leading with at least 3 years of experience providing hands-on architectural design for software applications with proven track record of building a product and taking it to market
• Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
• 5+ Experience working in the Retail or Commercial product domains
• Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps.
• Experience building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly distributed global based systems. Experience in network infrastructure, security, data, or application development.
• You relentlessly pursue systemic avenues to address issues proactively, through ongoing refinement of technical platform and delivery model
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Experience in Agile, DevOps and all things iterative
• Hands on knowledge of Microservices, design patterns, cloud native development
• Able to coach, and are a hands-on polyglot that can program still and lives in the code with full-stack capability. Comfortable designing a service one day or building a brand new framework leveraging cutting-edge technologies.
• You are focused on converting high level requirements into the architecture and design that ultimately constitute the blueprint for the solution. In that process, you will rely on using design patterns established by other enterprise teams and previous engagements and align with the enterprise architecture roadmap.
• You will review and provide feedback to developer approaches to promote consistency, scalability, reuse, robustness, security, performance and quality.
• You will validate new technologies and industry best practices to drive innovation and elevate engineering practices and guidelines.
• You are a perpetual pragmatist and can bring concepts to reality. Experience in modernizing legacy systems or similar transformational initiatives
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with the ability to build and foster relationships with business partners, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors.
• Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals.
• Must be flexible and ready to adapt to a dynamic environment.
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
• We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
• We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.