City : Scarborough, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177080
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This role will be within the Scotiabank Global Wealth Engineering (GWT) team, working with Investment Platform teams. Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Solution Architect will be working with the team to lead support multiple application solutions for multiple Canadian business lines along with providing production support for the application.
Is this role right for you?
- Works closely with the Business, Delivery and Engineering teams, Product Owners and technical platform teams to architect, design and develop high quality solutions enabling business growth, increasing customer engagement in alignment with business and technical strategies.
- End-to-end software architecture, design and development of complex distributed cloud based micro-service system.
- Provides expertise to development team working from various locations on system development and systems integration. This should also extend to providing detailed guidance at the code level to support Engineers delivering code.
- Designing, building, and enhancing the infrastructure required to support the platforms in terms of robustness, scalability, availability, and efficiency
- Ability to architect, design and deliver software that can scale elastically across multiple data centers and cloud vendors while staying resilient.
- Understands relationship of application/systems and data solution
- Understands testing at every stage of development. This includes unit, mutation, use-case, performance, availability (failure injection) and consistency testing
- Ability to communicate with precision while being concise.
- Extensive experience using architecture, systems analysis, and design methodology
- Performing research and development to evaluate emerging technologies and their potential to redesign credit, banking, transaction processing, customer information management platforms.
- Aligning solutions to strategic technical and capability roadmaps and identifying new shared capabilities and business opportunities.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 10+ years of experience in IT, with an emphasis on API and Micro-service development, and proven ability in delivery services.
- API & Service Integration development techniques
- Knowledge of Spring boot frameworks and components
- Cloud Architecture Microsoft Azure, AWS etc.
- Performance engineering techniques
- Good knowledge of Domain Driven Design and multiple Java frameworks like Spring Boot, Batch
- Build, automated integration, and deployment tools such as Maven and Jenkins.
- Experience in delivering code using TDD, CI/CD, Code Analysis and Coverage tools to support automated testing and monitoring
- Source Code Management Systems (GIT, Bit Bucket, SVN)
- Security – secure development principles, OAuth, infrastructure security, etc
- Experience of working with TOGAF or other Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and their application
- Cloud infrastructure, Docker, Linux OS, distributed Relational/NoSQL/NewSQL datastores
- HA Design/Architecture principles
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.