Solution Architect – ServiceNow
City : Toronto
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is a Canada-based full-time position with an expectation to travel to IBM and client locations across Canada, with the potential of occasional international travel.
IBM Consulting is the world's largest consulting services organisation. IBM Consulting provides clients with business transformation and industry expertise, and the ability to translate that expertise into integrated, responsive, innovative business solutions. IBM Consulting provides consulting services across multiple industries and covers the whole process chain from strategy consulting through to the construction, implementation, and operation of technical and commercial solutions.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced IT Architect to play a key role in both pre-sales and delivery, defining ServiceNow based solutions to meet client requirements.
As a ServiceNow Architect you will act as the subject matter expert to all matters relating to ServiceNow solutions, acting as an advisor, consultant and thought leader for IBM’s clients and prospects, and as an architect and designer of the resulting ServiceNow solutions.
The ServiceNow Architect will:
- Identify opportunities for improvement within existing service operations and core propositions related to ServiceNow
- Play a key role in the sales cycle by delivering demos, preparing presentations to clients, designing solution architecture, and acting as a subject matter expert for bid teams across industries
- Proactively bring thought leadership and business outlook to effectively address client issues/demands related to ServiceNow solutions
- Manage the delivery of ServiceNow projects, coordinating with on and off-shore teams and providing technical expertise and guidance
- Support the development and extension of ServiceNow based offerings and proposals and across all products (ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, HRSD, CSM, SecOps, App Engine, Application Development, and the NOW Platform)
- Work closely with other technical architects and business leads at a detailed project level, to ensure that the agreed design principles and standards are embedded into the ServiceNow solutions throughout the service delivery lifecycle
- Consult on, design, and lead development of integrations between ServiceNow and other best-of-breed enterprise tools
- Contribute to the definition of ServiceNow design policies, principles and guidance and the continuous improvement of working practices
- Lead and participate in development squads following common methodologies including Agile
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of working cost models for ServiceNow related solutions
- Mentor and train colleagues of ServiceNow capabilities, solutions and offering
- Act as the ServiceNow subject matter expert at IBM sponsored events
- Location - Ontario, Alberta, BC
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understand ITIL and architecture frameworks/methods.
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator and Implementation Specialist
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodologies
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in a client-facing solution architecture, consulting or service delivery role within the IT services industry, at least two which have involved the development of Managed Services solutions and ServiceNow solutions
- Experience in delivering ServiceNow transformation projects;
- Experience working within, or leading the architecture of large complex outsourcing and/or managed services
- Experience of developing ServiceNow managed service solutions and propositions
- Expertise in crafting ServiceNow service solutions that integrate with client service structures and operating models
- Experience developing ServiceNow solution strategies, governance models and SLA framework
- Broad business and technology skills coupled with people management and client interfacing skills;
- Experience of working within bid teams in the production of bid responses and proposals for Managed Services solutions
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentations skills together with the ability to deliver customer presentations at a senior level
- Proficient with Microsoft products including the ability to manipulate electronic based documentation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- ITIL certification
- ServiceNow CTA (Certified Technical Architect)
- The ‘Open Group’ (or equivalent) Certified Solution Architect qualification
- Understanding of common business analysis techniques and approaches
- Experience of working alongside business analysts to define a solution
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.