Solution Architect SAP
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As the SAP Solution Architect, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing SAP based solutions design, ensuring all solutions constructed and/or acquired comply with SAP architecture standards and directions. Guide SAP delivery project delivery teams so that their deliverables support the solutions and move towards the desired end state. Identify gaps, interdependencies, and opportunities to improve the quality in the desired solution end state.
Reporting to the Architecture Lead you will be a key participant focusing on enterprise capabilities that encompass the ERP functions and SAP system. You will demonstrate technical expertise in all SAP areas. You will identify gaps between current and best practices, build strong and trusting relationships, and serve as a thought leader for the application of SAP ERP core modules.
- Deliver solution architecture services to the IT and SAP ERP functions.
- Architecture, management and integration of SAP S/4 and SaaS solutions.
- SAP S/4 Architecture including skills and experience in migration from ERP to S/4.
- Architecture and management of public and hybrid clouds and on-premises deployments and integration of SAP systems.
- Deconstruct key business problems to identify value areas and structure and implement complex technology solutions based around SAP solutions.
- Roadmap development – work with senior business leaders and Enterprise/Solution Architects to identify, elaborate and plan future transformation programs and initiatives. Fit these plans into our corporate transformation roadmap.
- Build and maintain partnerships within the business, earn trust, build credibility and thereby forming strong relationships with the business stakeholders.
- Lead discussions across the organization to optimize/influence decision making, and drive value.
- Demonstrate CPKCs leadership competencies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- SAP-related certifications are considered an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Information Technology consulting or architect roles.
- Hands on experience and working knowledge in IT Strategy or SAP Solution Architecture development;
- Experience in Business Transformation, SAP ERP.
- Ability to quantify values of technology investments — both financial and non-financial.
- Demonstrated ability to assess emerging technology solutions that deliver business results.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to articulate concepts of new technology solutions for projects.
- Ability to work with business and technology stakeholders to take full advantage of innovative ideas from emerging technologies.
- Understanding of the technology and how it affects the SAP ERP functions; trends associated with the technology; understanding of the value propositions of adopting new technologies.
- Experience using Design Thinking methodologies to generate innovation is an asset.
- Highly effective communicator, confident, passionate, clear, respectfully assertive and inspiring.
- Displays emotional intelligence; demonstrates self-awareness and remains calm under pressure; expresses confidences in ability to succeed; keeps an optimistic attitude even when things are not going well.
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 101408
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 3
- Job Available to: Internal & External