City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Computer Software Engineer
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 179063
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Solutions Architect also provides expertise and counsel ensuring business areas understand all the options and technology choices in support of their business. The incumbent supports the overall accountability for developing and implementing roadmaps, strategic and operational plans which align with the overall organization’s objectives. The Solutions Architect is a technology and business expert with strong leadership and facilitation skills with the ability to influence others.
The Solutions Architect is the enterprise security platform information system owner that ensures the applications architecture and infrastructure supporting major, highly complex applications are designed to meet evolving business requirements and meet standards for security, reliability, scalability and availability. The incumbent will provide architecture, security and technology guidance on all projects to ensure consistency in approaches and to optimize technology synergy.
As a Solution Architect on the Retail Payments Unsecured Lending team, you will be a key team member with various accountabilities:
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the complete technology solution for projects supporting major, highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines by defining business/technical requirements, development specifications, system performance objectives and identifying system modifications to meet objectives
- Partner with multiple technology groups, security architect and vendors to ensure that the application, integration, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, standards for reliability, scalability and availability and align with Scotiabank’s enterprise Roadmap
- Designing, building and supporting highly complex applications alongside agile teams
- Providing coaching and hands on examples of new and better ways to meet the needs of our customers
- Creating and supporting a culture that values collaboration, trust, simplicity and continuous feedback
Is this role right for you?
- You have expert knowledge of popular industry-standard front-end technologies (User Experience; Single Page Applications; API Design; security and encryption; automated testing and builds; mobile environments and responsive design; performance; accessibility; browser capabilities).
- You enjoy keeping up with emerging technologies and push to modernize applications while considering the Bank’s risk appetite.
- You are proficient in server-side implementations (microservices, session management, caching, consuming business and system APIs)
- You enjoy providing input into the technology and infrastructure road maps for the division
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Overall 10+ years of experience in enterprise systems
- 10+ years of Technical Consulting experience, especially in Financial / Banking Sector
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills and system integration skills.
- Knowledge of industry best practices, programming languages, business/organization, infrastructure, architecture, and technology related areas from an architectural design/solutions perspective
- Proven leadership in technology architecture and roadmap development, as well as execution of major projects
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience designing and developing process-based solutions or BPM (business process management)
- Experience with deployment processes and release pipelines, e.g.: Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git, Salesforce DX
- Experience with process methodology, development methodologies (Agile, SDLC, Iterative)
- Experience in Database Technology, SQL
- Ability to create, maintain and control complex development task plans
- Ability to work with teams to create and deliver projects on schedule strong technical understanding and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and the drive to motivate others
- Hands on/technical knowledge experience with web-based technologies, Devops and Agile/Scum methodology
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
Work conditions: In-Office/Hybrid/Remote
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.