City : Quebec City, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 383467
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content. As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services (NTS) builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
If you are ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Network & Technology Services team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We are looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The Business Data Provisioning team (that includes the ecosystems related to Copper, Fibre and Wireless) is looking for a motivated and experienced solution driven architect to join our team. The candidate will become a key member of our Agile Delivery team, accountable for delivering on multiple initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be part of the dev ops team on non-functional and functional solutions, working closely with Advisors, Enterprise Architects, Product Owners and Product Managers.
- Hybrid function between Solutions Architect and Product Owner, supported by the Product Manager (PM) and agile development team, responsible for gathering and documenting the feature requests / user stories / non functional requests and then ensuring that the deliverables produced by the development effort conform to the design and business needs
- Partners with PM to manage risk, schedule, quality and change throughout the project Life-cycle
- Partners with vendors / Business to prime and resolve defects and ensure alignment post-release
- Involved in key development and design deliverables, including (and not limited to) interface specifications, integration requirements, data schemas, and design documentation, as well as the business’ implementation strategies and plans.
- Contributes to the planning of the work
- Acts as liaison for cross-functional team, including vendor and business partners.
- Actively involved in the day to day SCRUM meeting / and reviews
- Schedules and mediates team meetings, follow up on issues, obtains sign-off from project stakeholders on completion of documented deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree, or similar post secondary education in an area such as IT, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications (proven and documented experience can be used in place of education).
- 3+ years in a Technical and Business Analysis role
- 3+ years Oracle, PowerCenter and Java technologies.
- Experience in Telecom would be an asset
- Experience with Agile SAFe methodology would be an asset
- Proven experience with system requirements specification writing.
- Technical system development skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Jira and Confluence
- Ability for time management and task prioritization and facilitation/negotiation skills.
- Strong technical writing skills (ability to write clearly and concisely)
- Proven leadership, analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to communicate with Developers and be able to articulate the business needs.
- Excellent ability to articulate and document technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Autonomous, resourceful, strong tolerance to ambiguity, excellent capacity for applied learning
- Team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
- Able to lead junior team members
- Advanced skills with BMC Remedy software
- .NET skills
- Related delivery experience leveraging Scaled Agile Framework for enterprise (SAFe)
- Familiarity with Telecommunications Sales & Ordering, Provisioning & Assurance and NP&P systems and processes.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Quebec City
Flexible work profile : Mobile
Application Deadline: 09/30/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.