Software Test Specialist Co-op/Intern
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
Position: Software Test Specialist Co-op/Intern
Duration: 3 months+
Date: Winter 2024 (Jan 8th - April 26th)
Location: Hybrid, Onsite, Virtual, (Flexible)
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud. At Nokia, you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks, and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia's Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Currently a candidate for a bachelor's degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with an accredited school in Canada.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of the team, you will:
- Develop scripts or applications (e.g. XML, Java, Java Script, Perl) to simulate various management activities and network scenarios.
- Develop and build network setups to facilitate feature development and testing.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate functional aspects of the product.
- Investigate product defects encountered during test scenarios.
- Ensure regular scheduling of automated regression tests, analyze automated test results, and maintain regression scripts, regression, and performance test beds.
What is Nokia looking for from me
- Strong programming skills (Java, Java Script, Perl, XML)
- Ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Strong problem-resolution skills
It would be nice if you also had:
- UNIX operating environment (RHEL or Solaris), Virtual Machines, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of software and/or testing methodologies
- Networking and telecommunications knowledge
- Understanding of L2/L3 Services, Routing Protocols (ie. OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, RIP), and MPLS
Why we're awesome
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op/Internship: During your placement, you will be able to test the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply them to real-world situations while gaining professional hands-on experience
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
See you this Winter 2024!