Software R&D Manager, Tax Incentives Practice
City : Toronto
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our dynamic Tax Incentives Practice in the GTA is seeking a Manager to join the SR&ED team. If you enjoy working on diverse, interesting assignments and working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, SR&ED may be the career for you.
KPMG's SR&ED group consists of multidisciplinary teams of engineers, scientists, accountants, and tax professionals. These teams assist our clients in obtaining Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credits offered by both the federal and provincial governments. Various businesses conduct SR&ED activities to develop (or modify existing) products or processes with a view to developing intellectual property, reducing costs, improving performance, or creating new markets. To qualify for SR&ED tax credits, these activities must meet certain SR&ED eligibility criteria.
What you will do
- Keep abreast of current and latest trends in science and technology with a focus on Software Engineering, Software Development, Systems Engineering and Communications, Electronics/Electrical Engineering, and emerging technologies.
- Working with the Tax Incentive Practice Leader and SR&ED Senior Manager, participate in identification of client projects that may qualify for SR&ED investment tax credits.
- Participate in and support client technical interviews to identify SR&ED eligible projects/activities.
- Gather the required technical information to articulate SR&ED eligibility.
- Prepare and draft SR&ED project descriptions that meet the eligibility and documentation requirements of the SR&ED program.
- Assist the SR&ED team during CRA reviews of SR&ED claims.
- Work on internal projects related to development of tools, templates, and reports to enhance operational efficiency and management of business information.
What you bring to the role
- University degree in Computer Science, Software/Electrical Engineering or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years with professional experience in Software Development/Engineering. Knowledge and experience with the SR&ED program is required.
- Experience in other R&D related government tax incentive programs such as OIDMTC, IRAP, NSERC is an asset.
- Ability to develop concise technical reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks for multiple clients to consistently deliver service excellence.
- Ability to work in a team environment and a desire to continuously learn and develop skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communications (verbal, written and technical) skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Be exposed to new and exciting technologies and state-of-the art innovations in a wide range of industries (computer science, information technology, FinTech, electrical engineering, etc.).
- Gain valuable business experience to complement your technical training.
- Build and manage client relationships at multiple client levels, ranging from software developers to upper management.
- Promote the advancement of scientific innovation and technology in Canada.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.