BlackBerry is seeking a Manager of Software Engineering to lead a team of software engineers and testers tasked with maintaining and evolving our cutting-edge BlackBerry Protect End-Point Protection (EPP) cloud cyber security platform.
As a leader of the team, you will own the architecture and delivery of the product. You will work closely with stakeholders to ensure the needs of our customers are clearly understood and effectively addressed by your team. You will work with the cloud architect team to develop the best technical design to meet the requirements. You will collaborate with the leadership team to drive key engineering decisions that achieve the right outcomes.
Successful candidates for this position must have experience leading a highly qualified team of software engineers and testers. Candidates must have a successful track record of hands-on cloud-based development and bringing cloud-based products to market. They must have the ability to take a project on their own from scoping requirements through product launch. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. They will have a strong customer obsession, working to deeply understand their needs and relentlessly looking to improve their experience and make them more productive.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
- Maintain and improve existing software.
- Prepare technical requirements and software architecture/design specifications.
- Prepare delivery plans to bring products to market and execute accordingly.
- Deliver on the product roadmap to support customer needs and operational excellence.
- Assist in hands-on development if/when needed.
- Establish best practices and procedures for building software in an agile, continuous delivery environment.
- Foster innovation.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management.
- Collaborate with various diverse groups to exceed all customer and stakeholder expectations.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in cloud-based software development.
- 2+ years of experience as a manager delivering cloud-based solutions.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering degree.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices in the areas of development life cycle, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Knowledge of and practical development experience with AWS cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of Agile Development, CI/CD and DevOps.
- Hands-on experience with Python and React/JS.
- Prior experience in partnering with project, product and program management teams.
- Proven track record of planning and delivering new products to market.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision.
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong skills.
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude.
- Effective problem-solving capabilities.
- Takes initiative and approaches all tasks and projects proactively.
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Passion for people management and developing engineers' careers.
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: