Software Engineer with Java, Capital Markets Technology
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4A6
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177817
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
About the Team
GCMT Regulatory & Compliance Technology Team is transforming the digital experience for its users. The team partners and works closely with the Scotia Digital team to bring world-class digital experiences for all Internal Control users. The team plays a key role supporting users for regulatory reporting
GCMT Regulatory & Compliance Technology Team is looking for an energetic and results-oriented Senior Developer to join our team to help implement portal to manage supervisory hierarchy for our Internal control users. We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators, and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
About the Job
Do you have proven leadership skills? Are you ready to apply your hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards a fast-paced, high-profile business, Regulatory, and technology perimeter within the bank? In this role, you will:
- Strong working knowledge of J2EE to support Enterprise applications and services.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js.
- Building reusable, scalable, robust components, and front-end libraries for future use.
- Ensure proper delivery while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development, and unit testing of solutions using Java/Python, Spring Boot, RESTful services, and a variety of Microservices.
- Guide technology team through technical issues and challenges.
- Collaborate with delivery leads to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications.
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution.
- Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Continuously optimize, evolve, and automate build processes with scalability in mind.
- Working experience in performance analysis and tuning.
- Provide production support for applications maintained.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to collaborate with and lead teams toward resolution.
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment.
Do you have the skills?
Must Have Skills:
- 7+ years of technical experience in developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Java/Python, Spring/Spring Boot, Unix scripting, SQL.
- 7 + years web service development with Java 8+ (minimum 2 years) or above, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data and Swagger/OAS (Open API Specification)
- 5 + years’ experience with Java Frameworks: Spring, JUnit, log4j.
- 5 + years’ experience with JSON/RESTful, XML, and SOAP Services
- 5 + years database development skills with Oracle, Azure SQL, Sybase or MSSQL
- 3 + years working with cloud-based solutions / microservices (Azure or GCP)
- 2 + years of experience of React.js and its core principles and React ecosystem.
- Hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux/Windows server.
- Hands-on experience with Maven / Gradle, Git, BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory, Azure DevOps
- Experience in application monitoring software, including Dynatrace, Splunk or their equivalent tools.
- Experience in batch process development/support using shell or PowerShell script in Unix/Linux and Windows env.
- Familiarity with OpenID, OAUTH, TCP, SSH, SSL protocols.
- Familiarity with caching and message queuing systems.
We provide the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences.
We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
You’ll work with and learn from diverse industry leaders from top technology companies around the world
We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.