Software Engineer, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Computer Software Engineer
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175474
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work within the Advice and Branch Tools team in Scotia Digital, who can deliver high quality code, write unit tests, provide testing support, implementation, and L2 technical support.
If you are an experienced software engineer with a strong developer-focused mindset, keen interest in DevOps, and thrive in a fast-moving environment - this is the position for you!
Is this role right for you?
- Lead development activities as the senior member of the scrum team, planning and executing to meet sprint objectives as well as program/project milestones.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Collaborate with the Scrum team to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed.
- Ensure that requirements are clearly, accurately, and thoroughly documented and understood either for system changes and/or process changes and that there is value and consistency added to the customer experience by:
- Providing contribution to design/review process
- Monitoring/reviewing design during development phase.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of projects through:
- Production/Input to an overall Project Plan, strategy, and implementation
- Procedural documents completed to support user (guidelines, job aids. etc.)
- Input provided to preparation and execution of testing.
- Conducting post implementation measurement review of projects.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills?
- University or College Degree in Computer Science
- 4+ year experience of developing enterprise, cloud native, message driven, test driven, reactive, containerized applications.
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- MS Azure, Kubernetes, Java 8, Springboot framework, Junit frameworks, Maven, Gradle, noSQL database, Docker, Velocity, CI-CD Pipeline
- version control tools, like Git, SVN, Bitbucket
- well-rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
- Familiar with software security tools like BlackDuck, Fortify and SonarQube
- well-rounded knowledge different JAVA based framework/libs, such as Spring Boot, Spring Security, JDBC, Junit, Apache-Camel, Azure SDK
- Understanding of network communications, security protocols and trouble shooting
- Strong knowledge of programming languages: Java 8+, Shell Script, XML, YAML, JSON, SQL, Apache Velocity, Apache Groovy
- Strong hands-on programming skills with popular developer utility tool suites like Eclipse/STS, JIRA/Bitbucket/Confluence, Git, Gradle/Maven
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.