Software Engineer (.Net/Powershell/ETL)
City : North York
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Corporate Applications Solutions (CAS) team is looking for an experienced software engineer who will bring expertise in development, maintenance and implementation of modern software solutions for the corporate finance area.
This is an exciting period for the corporate Finance area as we are in the middle of integrating new solutions like SAP, AWS Cloud and transitioning to delivery models using digital DevOps processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for development, integration, and project delivery focusing on our financial reconciliation and related systems.
What will you do?
- Provide technical expertise within projects ensuring the appropriate technical solution is being delivered, issues are resolved, and projects are successfully implemented.
- Understand the integration of multiple systems including in-house developed or vendor products that are on premise or cloud based or SAAS applications.
- Be an active member of an agile team in providing design documents and guidance to developers on solutions being considered and developed
- Contribute to release management and automated deployment using DevOps tools
- Ensure information security standards and requirements are incorporated into all solutions and risks are mitigated
- Review codes, test plans and test results as required.
- Provide estimates and contribute to defining timelines and project plans
- Work closely with Business Analysts and business partners on project scope and requirements.
- Work with external software vendors during vendor implementations, renewal activities and issue resolution
- Co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
- Contribute to the ongoing support, stability, and performance of application systems in production including problem analysis, resolution, escalation
What will you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of progressive information technology experience
- Strong knowledge of ETL and experience with ETL tools (Informatica or SSIS or AWS Glue)
- Knowledge/experience with .Net and/or Java
- Expertise in system integration, job flows relative to data integration
- Experience with creating design documentation and diagrams
- Relational database experience (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Windows server knowledge
- Experience with scheduling tools (Control-M etc.)
- Experience with PowerShell and/or other scripting tools and techniques
- Understanding file transfer process and options (FTP/SFTP)
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
What will be nice to have?
- Knowledge of cloud based platforms (AWS Amazon Web Services)
- Knowledge of API Services
- Experience with GOAnywhere tool
- Technical experience in Unix (AIX and/or Linux)
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Occasional weekend work in support of project delivery and implementations
- On-call support as part of rotation
- This role requires enhanced reliability check, this means that you have resided in Canada for the last 5 years.
What’s in it for you:
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US - 2022
- Great Place to Work® award for Best Workplaces for #HybridWork
- 2022 Named “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor - 2021
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work
- 2021 Flexible hybrid work model including in-country work-from-home if you prefer.
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:74,900/74 900 - 125,900/125 900
Job Category:IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:29/09/2022