City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Position Title: Software Engineer
At Data & Analytics Engineering our team is focused on enabling analytics at Sun Life through delivering robust, scalable, secure and reusable platforms and services that operate within our Enterprise Cloud, API and DevOps environments.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our fast paced and high performing Data Engineering team to provide data and analytics capabilities to our business. You will use your engineering prowess and experience building out data platforms to help us deliver core data and application pipelines, frameworks and infrastructure that enable our business to provide insights and respond to the needs of our clients in real-time.
Sun Life values diversity and does not discriminate based on background or personal experience. We encourage everyone with a passion for developing great software to apply.
What will you do?
- Work within an Agile pod to build core data and analytics platforms, applications and self-service capabilities
- Build robust data pipelines that integrate data from various sources to enable analytics in our Cloud environment.
- Build and deploy APIs and highly available services that adhere to internal governance controls and deployment platforms
- Work closely with our data science and analytics partners to deliver useful integration and delivery pipelines to facilitate various analytics use-cases like recommendation systems
- Operate in a Shift-Left testing environment and prioritize writing efficient, tested and clear code
- Participate in improving the supportability and transparency of the applications and services we build by creating clear and comprehensive documentation, monitoring/alert systems and centralized logging
What you need to succeed?
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Technology
- 2+ years of experience working with the following:
- Scala, Java 8+ and Python3 programming languages
- Docker and container-orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Jenkins, Artifactory, and Ansible
- traditional Big Data suite (e.g. HDFS, MapReduce/Spark/etc.)
- streaming technologies, such as Kafka
- SQL databases, such as Postgres
- a Cloud Service Provider (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Microservice Architectures
- Familiarity with various NoSQL database designs (e.g. Key-Value, Document, Wide-Column, Graph, etc.).
- Knowledge of basic Machine Learning concepts (e.g. classification versus regression, bias-variance tradeoff, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with either Kanban or Scrum working methodologies
- Canadian Enhanced Reliability Clearance is required
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:56,300/56 300 - 92,900/92 900
Job Category:IT - Technology Services
Posting End Date:02/10/2022