Software Development Lead – Front End
City : SURREY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Software Development Lead - Front End - ( 2100031V )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, innovative, and inspired team that strives for growth and operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 350 locations worldwide are vital to making our company stronger.
As data continues to grow in size and complexity, we need more robust tools to help clients manage, understand, and interact with it. Our focus centers around developing strategy alongside client needs and using software as a platform to deliver value and centralize insights across services. Software and digital strategy are the solutions that bridge the data to knowledge gap to deliver insights and analytics for clients to stay on top of the information that matters most and ultimately drive efficiencies in the operations of their assets.
Our shared focus is to combine digital transformation, modern visualizations, user experience design, data contextualization, and narrative science to help clients reach their full potential. Stantec is ranked No. 10 on the Top 150 Global Design Firms list by Engineering News-Record (ENR) and No. 10 on the Top 300 Architecture Firms list by Architectural Record, both leading industry publications. We want our digital practice to enter this upper echelon as well and it is our vision within the Water business line to increase awareness of Stantec as a global leader for digital solutions.
We are seeking a Front end Development Lead for Business Analytics and Operational Technology to increase our capacity, within our rapidly growing team, and lead initiatives for several expanding product lines within our digital practice. Our team works closely with project managers and clients to develop solutions that enable our customers to have top tier information access and analytics. This journey includes identifying, defining, and developing digital products which positively impact communities. Our goal is to transform the water industry with best-in-class digital solutions. The applications we are developing are primarily focused on Business Analytics and Operational Technology provided as SaaS.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members to lead frontend development and follow implementations through the development lifecycle for a variety of digital products
- Work with product owners across multiple business lines to incorporate and consolidate ideas into a common suite of applications
- Promote awareness of UI/UX implementations throughout the Water business line and Stantec as a whole
- Continually look for new and innovative ways to visualize data to improve readability and contextualization
- Process complex designs and align them to fit or extend our component library
- Interface with clients to generate requirements and incorporate feedback
- Enhance the design handoff and how we synchronize design and development components
- Maintain the design guidelines within a design system and help enforce its adoption
- Focus on implementing best practices and designing/developing for reusability
- Produce highly reusable design components that can apply to multiple clients and applications
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of current design trends and when to apply or adapt them to improve user experience
- Proven development and communication skills to lead initiatives and express vision
- Experience creating and following a design system
- Proficient in design implementation and coordinating with designers
- Ability to transform legacy applications to meet current development standards and improve user experience
- Ability to create effective interfaces in coordination with development efficiencies
- Experience with modern interface patterns and libraries including Angular, Vue, or React
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and preprocessors
- Experience with Microsoft development tools and the Azure cloud environment is an asset
- Experience with Adobe’s Creative Cloud applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD (experience with other UX products such as Figma, InVision, or UXPin is also acceptable) is highly desirable
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Minimum of 5 years of experience creating modern interfaces.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Site visits in the field may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Surrey
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job : Applications Development
Organization : BC-1117 Water-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 14, 2021, 2:53:20 PM
Req ID: 2100031V
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans