Software Development Co-op/Intern
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
Position: Software Development Co-op/Intern
Duration: 4-8 Months
Date: Jan - May 2024 or Jan - Aug 2024
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The team you will be a part of
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
- Design & Develop Software solutions.
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate and improve existing software solutions.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analysis.
Your skills and experience
Currently a candidate for bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, etc. or related field with an accredited school in Canada.
- Initiative to continually learn, adapt, and grow.
- Have an inherent interest in being involved and helping others.
- Interested in determining the source of a problem and finding an effective solution.
- Ability to actively listen and communicate ideas with confidence.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Excellent coding skills in C# .NET Visual Studio, Python, .NET, Java, React JS
- Relational Database and SQL Language, specifically Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Knowledge of ETL, Data Warehouse / Solution Design
- Platforms: MS Windows Server, Unix/Linux
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test out the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply it to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.