Software Developer – Production Engineering Watson Orders
City : Markham
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
Watson Orders is a IBM Silicon Valley based technology development group targeting the development of world-class conversational AI. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in a customer-facing the quick service restaurant, environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies to completely transform the customer experience!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for skilled Senior Software developer – Production Engineering to ensure performance and reliability for AI & ML driven voice agent microservices, Edge Kubernetes clusters, network services, and storage layers.
- Work closely with other Watson Orders development teams in an embedded SRE model to help define & implement key metrics for uptime, reliability, and performance of these services and develop runbooks for incident management.
- Develop deep service telemetry through metric collection, distributed tracing, visualization, and reporting via Open Telemetry, Prometheus, and related tooling.
- Implement stability and performance optimizations in Python.
- Participate in the definition and management of SLIs, SLOs and error budgets for infrastructure and production services.
- Design, develop and maintain CI\CD pipelines for integration and edge Kubernetes clusters.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ Years Linux experience configuring, supporting, and optimizing
- 2+ Years experience architecting, deploying, and supporting edge k8s environments.
- 2+ years experience designing and supporting distributed systems.
- 2+ years Experience in one of more languages such as Python, Java, Go - ability to debug, optimize, and write scalable code.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience implementing telemetry frameworks (Open Telemetry, prometheus) and infrastructure (Prometheus, Jaeger, and similar tools)
- Experience designing and implementing infrastructure as code pipelines
- Familiarity with AWS DevOps (Roles, VPCs, S3, Terraform)
- Familiarity running distributed ML workloads in cluster orchestrated environments
- 2+ Years PubSub Experience (Kafka, MQTT, SQS)
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.