The QNX Test Team is seeking talented individuals with a mind for details and passion for quality. QNX customers produce an exciting array of embedded products using QNX technologies. You will work with our customers to productize QNX-based systems in everything from automobiles to internet, from medical devices to space systems, from manufacturing to nuclear power plants.
Technologies include Safety certified real-time embedded OS, Hypervisor virtualization, BSP and drivers, and networking stacks. The ideal candidate is an individual with an understanding of how embedded systems are designed, how virtual machines are configured and tested and how reference software needs to adapt for customer-specific implementations. The candidate should be able to debug complex problems and must possess the ability to implement new verification and validation techniques.
- Working with development team to analyze and test new customer features, investigate and resolve customer reported problems and provide interim testing support for experimental software deliveries to customers.
- Creating or updating test plans and test cases based on customer requirements or identified problems.
- Advising customers on implementation, configuration and use of QNX software technologies.
- Recreation of customer observed issues through a variety of techniques to help root cause issues.
- Identifying and running a series of tests against new software builds on reference and/or customer hardware.
- Analyzing test results, generation of defect reports, verifying fixed issues, updating pre-existing defect reports.
- Creating test reports based on test results for internal and external audiences with high attention to detail.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Intermediate or Senior level experience in embedded test, design and engineering
- Strong working knowledge of C/C++ is a requirement
- Strong working knowledge of Python, Perl and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of QNX or other embedded operating system
- Familiar with source versioning, problem reporting and continuous integration systems (SVN, Git, JIRA, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of formal test theory, test methodology, and ISO9001 quality management.
- Experience with safety certifications (ISO-26262 or ASPICE) is an asset
- Experience with hypervisors and virtualization technologies is an asset
- Experience in developing automated tests and testing tools.
- Ability to enable automation for manual tests and automate test result processing.
- Able to write clear and concise problem reports
- Creative and persistent debugging techniques
- Familiarity with common processor architectures (i.e. 32-bit and 64-bit variants of x86/ARM)
- Ability to work and participate in a team setting with an open, collaborative communication style
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills are necessary
- Enthusiasm, a passion for quality and a desire to learn about new technologies is a requirement!
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: