Software Developer in Test Co-op/Intern
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
Software Developer in Test Co-op/Intern
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
Cloud and Network Services
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
The team you will be a part of
We are a vibrant R&D team where network management meets cybersecurity. Composed of software designers, software developers in test and dev ops developers, we are always looking for new challenges and growth. Our product, Nokia NetGuard Identity Access Manager, is a network security product that analyzes and enriches security data to help security and network operations teams assess business risks, improve decision-making, and control costs.
Position: Software Developer in Test Co-op/Intern
Duration: 4 months, with the ability to extend to 8 months
Date: January 8th to April 26th, 2024
Location: Flexible (Hybrid in Ottawa, Canada or Virtual in Canada)
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of the team, you will:
- Develop test scenarios
- Write and run manual and automated tests using Cucumber and Java to ensure functionality and quality standards are met
- Set up and debug the test environment and equipment.
- Authoring or updating documentation guides.
- Working on cybersecurity products used by major communication service providers worldwide.
Your skills and experience
Enrolled in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer & Network Security or equivalent from an accredited institution in Canada.
You have :
- A keen interest in automating everything and a passion for quality, testing and analysis
- Good knowledge of Java, Java APIs, and REST
- The ability to ask questions and communicate your ideas to those around you
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience writing test cases and/or test plans
- Working knowledge of Cucumber
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
- Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply them to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.