Software Developer CO-OP
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
Our IT Store Systems team is looking for a Software Developer CO-OP. Reporting to the Director IT – Store Systems, you will be in this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to a fantastic team while expanding your software development skills and experiences.
If you’re keen to learn about the software development and maintenance process, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Learn about the quality assurance process specific to providing software solutions to the business.
- Learn about the requirements gathering as part of the software development and maintenance process.
- Learn about the troubleshooting process when it comes to providing IT support.
- Learn about the daily activities conducted by an IT department while supporting a business.
What we’re looking for:
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle personal workload.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines.
- Hands-on experience with software development.
- Experience with technical and business documentation – related to gathering user requirements.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting technical and non-technical processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, related to developing processes and understanding current processes.
- Experience testing software features and functions – user testing.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.