Software Developer Co-op/Intern
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The team you'll be a part of
Cloud and Network Services: As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
You will work in the next generation iSIM Secure Connect product, which is a remote embedded SIM (eSIM) and integrated SIM (iSIM) management software designed to help CSPs and enterprises deliver new 5G mobile and IoT services faster and more efficiently and securely manage machine-to-machine (M2M) and consumer device subscriptions. The capability of eSIM/iSIM Remote Provisioning (RSP) will enhance Nokia's E2E IoT solution.
iSIM Secure Connect runs on a Cloud Native architecture and can be deployed on Software-as-a-Service or on-premises deployments. This is an exciting opportunity with a fun team that values trust and autonomy.
Position: Software Developer Co-op/Intern
Duration: 4 months
Date: Jan 8 to April 26, 2024
Location: Hybrid in Ottawa, Canada
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of the team, you will:
- You will be part of an agile team responsible for the design, development and testing of the iSIM product
- Working closely with team members executing the Agile Scrum Software Development Methodology integrating per-sprint deliverables
- Building, deploying, running and troubleshooting cloud-native applications in containers, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Writing and executing unit tests
- Creating/maintaining Confluence pages, creating PowerBI dashboards
Your skills and experience
Currently a candidate for a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering or a related field with an accredited school in Canada.
You have :
- Strong ability to learn new concepts and technology
- Self-driven, analytical, and results-oriented with proven sound judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
It would be nice if you also had:
- Software development expertise in Java, Python
- Knowledge and interest in Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
- Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you can test the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply them to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.