City : Scarborough, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Systems Software
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184824
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Payments & Core Banking Engineering team, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
If you are an experienced software engineer with a strong developer-focused mindset, keen interest in payments and core banking, and thrive in a fast-moving environment - this is the position for you!
What will you do?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values and its Code of Conduct, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
What do you need to succeed?
- Full Stack developer with 5+ years of progressive experience working in the IT industry in roles like developer and team lead
- Current on industry best practice and secure coding
- Analyze and oversee the team’s development efforts working towards successful code delivery
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain different applications
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Work with Delivery Leads and BSA’s to articulate efforts and compile estimates
- Expert level experience in the following technologies: Assembler, Cobol, JCL, DB2, Netron, IMS DB/DC, VSAM, SAS, CICS, CA7
- Extensive experience in designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center
Work conditions: Hybrid
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.