Software Asset Manager
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
This position joins a team of software professionals who collectively provide software contract and asset management services within the organization. This role will manage a portfolio of key software contracts across the enterprise.
The Software IT Asset Manager reports to the Sr. Manager of the Software Asset Management team.
What will you do?
- Tracks, monitors, and updates software asset records to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
- Facilitates and processes software maintenance renewals or true-ups for key vendor contracts.
- Monitors and captures software usage and counts within the licensing management system. Performs software inventory discovery and collection processes.
- Loads purchase orders and asset tracking records into a licensing system, including converting purchase activity into license entitlements.
- Liaise with the Software Category Manager to implement software strategies such as co-terming agreements.
- Reviews industry or product releases that impact licensing requirements, structures, metrics, and models.
- Provides direction to and consultation with software product owners regarding processes and procedures related to software procurement, new products, agreements, renewals, and amendments.
- Research, recommend and implement cost saving initiatives throughout the contract period,
- Develops, tests, and implemented new processes or tools to facilitate more efficient software asset processes.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5-8 years of Software IT Asset Management experience.
- Proven ability to review and understand software licensing documents.
- Strong knowledge and experience with software discovery inventory tools and collection methods.
- Knowledge of software models, metrics, and asset management best practices.
- Effective in influencing asset management practices and adapting to evolving software procurement processes.
- Prior experience preferred in managing Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Adobe, and other key vendor software contracts and products.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A progressive career path in technology risk management and cyber security risk management.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, and competitive compensation.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.