Software Architect, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : Computer Software Engineer
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 126181
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here — and it starts with you.
As a Solution Architect, you are the face of the Scotia Digital engineering organization within our team, and responsible for the new onboarding platform architecture for Canadian retail banking.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Lead, mentor multiple Scotia digital teams to solve problem.
- Define & lead architecture governance process and guidelines/practice.
- Champion application security best practices.
- Influence product roadmap by working closely with product teams and providing technical insights/suggestions.
- Develop strategic solutions that support long term growth.
- Innovate and continuously enhance our testing methodologies and processes.
- Champion application code shareability, reusability, and modularity across the bank.
- Keep up with best practices and latest technologies.
- Assess 3rd party vendors and solutions to make decisions related to architecture, security, performance, and overall offerings.
- Work closely with security to ensure continued adherence to directives and all security practices.
- Create design artifacts, lead reviews, document decisions.
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
We’re working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience with a minimum of 3 years designing solutions/software for large, complex enterprise applications.
- Experience building, architecting and implementing highly distributed global cloud-based systems in either Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with the ability to build and foster relationships with business partners, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors.
- Commitment to maintain a diversified set of skills.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors.
- Experience with creating dataflows, component diagrams, context diagrams, and HL architecture diagrams.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.