Software Architect (Innovation Centre)
City : Burnaby
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Insurance
Employer : Pacific Blue Cross
If you’re someone with a passion for providing solution architecture leadership across programs and projects and are wanting to take on a great career opportunity with a local not-for-profit health insurance provider by helping analyze, design, and implement software, data and infrastructure solutions, we want to hear from you.
Your skills in solution architecture and being an innovation and technology leader will help Pacific Blue Cross be able to provide sustainable healthcare.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and work-life balance. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, diversity and equality, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
We are now recruiting for two Software Architects (Innovation Centre) to join our Information and Technology Services (IaTS) team. The role is currently working from home 4 days a week and 1 day a week from our head office in Burnaby, BC. Apply this week if you would like to take on this role.
Key Ways This Position Makes An Impact
The Software Architect provides solution architecture leadership across programs and projects by working with stakeholders in the analysis, design and implementation of software, data and infrastructure solutions that align with the strategic vision of Pacific Blue Cross.
In this role you would maintain software and architectural models, roadmaps, principles, standards, and best practices.
This role provide direction, guidance, and definition of IaTS architecture to effectively support the business strategy.
You would be an innovation leader by researching and evaluating emerging technology, industry, and markets trends.
Key Experiences You Bring To This Role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT and business/industry including architecture design, development, and deployment, systems lifecycle management, infrastructure planning and operations
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
- Leadership in managing cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior level stakeholders
- Mastery of one or more Microsoft technology like C#/.NET, Sharepoint, Dynamics CRM
- Experience designing and implementing solutions with AWS or Azure
- Experience with Identity Federation standards such as OAuth 2.0 and SAML
- Working with Architectural Frameworks (RUP 4+1 / TOGAF)
- Experience with Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and NoSQL
If you’re excited about taking on this opportunity, we invite you to apply today and start the conversation with us about this position.
Together we can create a healthier British Columbia through teamwork, exceptional service and accountability that will help improve sustainable healthcare.
Please apply via our website this week at http://www.pbchbs.com/company/careers/
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and employees feel empowered to freely participate and contribute regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, education level, parental status, or socioeconomic status. PBC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
To request an accommodation in completing this application, pre-employment testing, interviewing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org