Social Media Strategist
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time Other
Industry : Marketing And Advertising
Employer : dentsu
Is your exceptional social media experience overshadowed by your insatiable curiosity?
Are you a storyteller who loves transforming raw data into meaningful, actionable insights?
If so, you might be a perfect addition to our growing Strategy Team!
The purpose of this role is to deliver the social and content Strategy, managing social media channels and content streams. The role requires expertise in social platforms, establishing best practices, and generating creative ideas to optimize community engagement. Responsibilities also include copywriting for branded social media channels, developing content strategies aligned with business objectives, and analyzing performance data to derive insights. Maintaining an active presence on social platforms and providing thought leadership to clients are essential aspects of the role.
You must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, self-motivated, entrepreneurial environment; be a team player who is social-savvy and can work independently yet collectively in a unique virtual environment.
- Generate strategies to achieve and improve clients' business and communications objectives, with a data-first mindset.
- Lead the organic development and growth of various communities and social media activities across the client’s social ecosystem.
- Develop content pillars and social calendars aligned with KPI’s, business objectives, corporate priorities, and overarching marketing and social. Research, craft, and publish interactive, thoughtful, intelligent, and provoking content that encourages community participation. Help identify influencers and seek user-generated content if appropriate for clients.
- Conduct quality assurance on all community management activity that is taking place.
- Define and improve community management and content development processes. Proactively escalate issues, trends, opportunities, and insights through the relevant channels in a timely manner.
- Copy-write for a variety of branded social media channels > strong communication
- Manage, schedule and organize editorial content for social channels, including paid campaigns.
- Create social paid campaign assets and collaborate with paid team to strategize paid efforts.
- Analyze performance results using statistical techniques and analytics tools and translate that data into actionable insights.
- Act as a consultant regarding technological and social innovations ensuring best practices and thought leadership that may impact the client’s strategy & business in the short and long term.
- Lead client meetings (both in-person and remotely as needed), be it weekly, monthly, quarterly, project-specific, etc.
- Maintain an active presence within necessary tools and social platforms to discuss and advise clients on platform-specific concerns, abilities, and best practices concerning platform and DEI standards.
- Proactively provide clients with thought leadership, recommendations, and education on ICUC capabilities.
- Be present in team chats, participating in weekly meetings, quarterly trainings, and other education sessions.
- Act as a resource to help fuel organic business growth for ICUC. Work with Growth and Client teams on renewals/account changes as required.
- Go above and beyond client and company expectations, bringing fresh and new ideas to leaders and always question the status quo.
- Help create case studies of delivered work to use as training and development materials for clients and other teammates to leverage.
- Provide real-time, strategic recommendations for trends/events to the Customer Success team.
- Adopt and educate on up-and-coming platforms and technology.
- Share inspirational and educational resources within strategy and other departments.
- Proactively provide updates on account health to Growth/Client teams as needed.
- 5+ years of social media community and reporting experience required. Proficient computer literacy proven through work experience in software applications, spreadsheet tabulations, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with creative, content publishing & writing, social listening, and performance reporting.
- Knowledge of past and current social media trends, marketing, and business strategies.
- Must have Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok accounts; be a regular user on them; and be knowledgeable of other social media channels.
- Experience in Social Media Management Systems like Hootsuite, Sprinklr, and Khoros.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Canada.Recruitment@dentsuaegis.com or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.