Social Media and Public Relations, Co-op Student
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Marketing
Employer : Loblaw Companies Limited
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Term Length: 4 months
Term Start: January 8th, 2024
Term End: April 19th, 2024
*Return to Office*:
COVID-19 is a serious condition and has had a devastating impact on Canadians and others across the globe. As a leading Health and Wellness provider for millions of Canadians, our goal is to help all Canadians "Live Life Well".
As of March 2022 Loblaw has adopted the following Hybrid working model (a combination of working between the office and remotely). Colleagues will continue working remotely up to 2 days a week, while spending the other 3 days in the office.
Joe Fresh: Social Media and Public Relations Intern
Essential Style. Exceptional Value. Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh offers accessible, modern design in lifestyle collections for women, men and children. Joe Fresh brings a contemporary point of view to everyday wardrobe favourites full of colour, polish and thoughtful details. In categories spanning apparel, accessories, footwear and beauty, Joe Fresh provides quality and style for the entire family.
Joe Fresh is looking for a Social Media and Public Relations Intern to join its Integrated Communications team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for fashion and lifestyle. This person should have a strong work ethic, great team-working skills and a can-do attitude with the drive to grow and enhance their skills.
- Assist with social media and PR reporting, with an emphasis on key learnings for future successes. This includes:
- Daily media monitoring and tracking of PR coverage for Joe Fresh
- Weekly social content, influencer coverage and earned media reporting
- Monthly period reports that analyze data pulled from third-party platforms (Dash Hudson, Cision, MRP)
- Influencer campaign and PR reporting
- Competitor reporting to stay up-to-date on social media trends within the Canadian retail industry
- Support the Social Media Specialist with executing social media campaigns, including:
- Assist with the creation of Instagram Stories and other ad hoc content creation
- Assist with day-to-day customer service on Instagram (DMs, in-feed post comments)
- Support the Public Relations Specialist with PR initiatives, including:
- Research paid media opportunities
- Draft pitches for core product lines and pitching to Canadian media outlets, including selecting images of new/upcoming product launches to be shared with media on an ongoing basis through Flick
- Create styleouts for broadcast segments that strong brand messaging, including selecting product samples and creating briefs to be shared with broadcast producers
- Assist with influencer/media gifting mailers
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft office
- Knowledge and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and/or Premiere Pro)
- Ability to multi-task
- Previous Social Media/PR experience and/or education is an asset, but not mandatory
- Start date: January 9, 2023
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday (flexible) - Available min. 1-2 full days/week
- Location: Hybrid work-from-home and in-office (office is located at 2 Atlantic Avenue, Toronto, Ontario)
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.