Snr Configuration Management Analyst- ServiceNow
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
This position joins a team of technically skilled individuals who collectively provide support for the CMDB and asset class owners, ensuring data accuracy and completeness. The Asset and Configuration Analyst will focus on identifying and driving methodologies and processes that
support world-class standards for delivering Infrastructure Services, and identify and manage key targeted areas for improvement
What will you do?
- Responsible for maintenance and monitoring of ServiceNow CMDB. Defines the structure of the configuration management system, including CI types, naming conventions, attributes, and relationships.
- Works with other process owners to ensure an integrated approach to the design, implementation, and coordination of interfaces between configuration management and other service management processes. (Change, Release, Incident, and Knowledge).
- Evaluates systems that discover and interface with configuration management database
- Plan and execute the population of the configuration management database (manual and automated); manage CMDB, central libraries, tools, common codes, and data; ensure regular housekeeping of the CMDB.
- Ensure changes to the configuration management processes are properly approved and communicated.
- Work collaboratively across the Business and Technology Services organization to evolve CMDB assets.
- On-board new CI Owners and manage training materials and quick guides. • Reviews the Configuration Management process on a regular basis for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform periodic inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive knowledge of the ServiceNow platform
- Experienced in the design, implementation, and documentation of the CMDB
- Ability to write clear and concise communications
- Ability to provide hands-on training to users with different levels of experience
- Knowledge and experience with financial models and budgeting
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Experience in Service Architect / Service Strategist disciplines in an IS function.
- Prior experience preferred in managing ServiceNow CMDB.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A progressive career path in technology risk management and cyber security risk management.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, and competitive compensation.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.