City : Vancouver - Area General; Kitimat, BC
Category : Full time Labourer
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are a Skilled Labourer with heavy civil experience seeking a competitive wage, benefits, and a company who prides themselves on safety. You are interested in working on a high-profile infrastructure project in Kitimat with long term potential. You have previously worked on a crowded, fast paced civil project environment, are a team player who is willing to lend a hand whenever assistance is required to get the job done.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team in the town of Kitimat today!
- Perform tasks on the labour crew to support to civil operations
- Provide general clean up and ongoing monitoring and maintenance of work area
- Conduct groundwork including shoveling, raking, clearing
- Act as a spotter for equipment operators
- Assisting various trades as such as carpenters as and when required
- Ensures that work is completed within deadlines
- Must be flexible with duties to support project requirements
- 3+ years’ experience as a skilled Labourer on heavy civil projects
- Prior bridge construction project experience is highly regarded
- CSTS, WHMIS, Bear Awareness, Fall Protection and Confined Space
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Traffic Control ticket considered an asset
- Experienced applicants that reside in Kitimat, BC or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14 days on/7 days off rotation working 10 hours per day
- Camp based accommodation provided for non-local candidates
- Flights from approved locations
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and occasionally under extreme weather conditions
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.