City : Toronto
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Embodying Culture and Values:
Six Sigma is foundational to our culture of discipline. It is how Maple Leaf Foods improves business processes and drives performance. It is the way we solve problems and implement significant change. Black Belts provide the methods and tools to enable the business to improve processes, solving complex problems using analytics. The Six Sigma Black Belt is also expected to have an understanding of process management principles and various process improvement methods including Operations Excellence (Lean Manufacturing). This role is recognized as an opportunity to develop our next operations leaders.
A Snap Shot of Some of the Exciting Things You Will Lead and Do:
• Understand and support execution of site objectives. Assist with the identification and quantification of Critical Business Needs (CBN) and primary opportunities for improvement
• Facilitate OEE Continuous Improvement process with cross-functional site teams including setting of annual OEE improvement targets and facilitating weekly status reviews and action planning
• Support the facilitation and development of the site CI plan including project pipeline and monitoring the overall progress and status of the plan
• Ensure CI project teams are utilizing the appropriate improvement methodology (Six Sigma, Lean, OpEx tools) including training on tools and application as required
• Conduct business case and risk analysis as required. Provide CI Project Management support utilizing DMADV / PDCA framework
• Research and apply functional best practices within project scope
• Ensure sustainable results through application of change management and pragmatic control plans
• Provide coaching to leaders on Six Sigma, Lean and OpEx methodology & tools
• Support Site Leaders in deployment of Operations Excellence framework including annual baseline assessment and pillar team deployment. Lead the Waste Elimination teams to build operator skills at identifying and eliminating waste.
• Understanding and supporting functional objectives and strategies
• Assisting with the identification and quantification of major opportunity areas, including the re-application of learning across MLF
• Sit on management team at plant
• Must be open to coaching and actively learn within the role.
• Periodic travel may be required for training or project work
• University degree (BSc., Engineering or Operations Management).
What We Have to Offer You:
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What You Will Bring:
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated