Site Coordinator (Community Coordinator)
City : Etobicoke, ON, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Construction - Site
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Toronto West, Ontario
Mattamy Homes Canada
Construction Site, GTA Urban Division
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Reporting to the Site Superintendent, the Site Coordinator will be responsible for all office administration duties and will help achieve Mattamy’s Mission to provide The Best Homeowner Experience in all activities undertaken.
What you’ll do
- Verify completion and/or conduct site specific orientations for new employees and subcontractor partners.
- Verify and record Mattamy and subcontractor minimum required training cards and provide orientation stickers upon verification.
- Liaise between field staff/trade partners to Mattamy site management for Health and Safety related issues.
- Assist in maintaining a “Safety Bulletin Board” in a location accessible by all site personnel.
- Participate as required in monthly Joint and Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) meetings and prepare Minutes prior to and after the JHSC meeting with assistance from the H&S Specialist.
- Inform Site Supervisors, H&S Manager, H&S Specialist, Directors, and Project Managers of any non-compliant trades/documents and ask for any assistance when needed.
- Collect, file, organize and follow up on various safety documentation including but not limited to:
- Orientations and training records.
- Inspections - Supervisor inspections, H&S Rep inspections, H&S Coordinator inspections, Equipment inspections, Trade Pre-pour inspections, First aid kit inspections etc.
- Incident investigations including medical aids, first aids and near misses.
- Daily Hazard Assessments, Weekly Toolbox Talks, Carbon monoxide testing records, Hot works Permits etc.
- Corrective actions from Monthly and Quarterly H&S Manager audits.
- Trade documents including Form 1000s, WSIB clearance, Cert of Insurance Safety Programs/Policies, Safe Work Procedures and SDS’s.
- Swing Stage, Drill Rig, Confined Space, and Tower Crane Documentation.
- Scheduling of Mattamy Employee training.
What you bring
- A minimum of 2 years office administration experience in a high volume or fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of construction technology and an understanding of the Tarion performance. guidelines would be beneficial, along with basic knowledge of residential construction.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong scheduling skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on scheduled work commitments.
- Pleasant phone manner and ability to manage multiple lines simultaneously.
- Ability to draft professionally formatted correspondence for internal and external use.
- Ability to multi-task and complete work on time and in a fast paced, unpredictable environment.
- Ability to work within a dynamic team setting, share various responsibilities and demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Degree and/or Diploma in Administration or a suitable combination of work experience and education.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.