City : Saint John
Category : Finance
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
JDI Finance has over 250 accounting and finance professionals who provide accounting and reporting, business analysis, and transactional services to the seven different operating divisions of J.D. Irving, Limited. It is an organization of dedicated financial professionals offering many careers paths within finance and also beyond in the various J.D. Irving, Limited businesses.
We are currently looking for a progressive and highly self-motivated individual to join our team in the role of Site Accountant, reporting to our Controller – Pulp & Paper.
This position is based at our Irving Tissue Mill location, in Saint John, New Brunswick.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and RRSP plans
- Flexible benefits
- Wellness support, including wellness allowance
- Paid vacation time
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a strong aptitude in MS Excel
- Familiarity with JD Edwards and TM1 is an asset
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability as a proactive self-starter, and able to work independently and as part of a broader team
- Provide financial insight to site management team
- Complete period end processing and weekly reporting
- Prepare financial reporting packages
- Prepare budgets and forecasts
- Evaluate, analyze, and investigate both financial and manufacturing variances
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place
- Assist in developing new product/standard costing
- Participate in cost saving projects and capital project justifications
- Identify improvements for accounting processes
We appreciate your interest in our company, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.