SIP Implementation Specialist
City : Ottawa, ON, CA; Mississauga, ON, CA; Moncton, NB, CA; Montreal, QC, CA
Category : Product Development
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Unified Communications, a division of Rogers for Business, performs end-to-end engineering, operation, and management of the Unified Communications network and platform. Our team is actively expanding, and we are in search of highly motivated individuals with a strong interest in the evolution of voice technology.
The Rogers for Business Unified Communications offering is rapidly growing with a comprehensive suite of next-generation IP Voice Services to offer to the Canadian SME and Enterprise market segments. We are looking for a SIP Implementation Specialist to join the Unified Communications Provisioning and Implementation Team.
What you will do:
- Manage service implementation issues related to the Unified Communications quite of services, working with both the Client and cross-functional internal teams
- Support the overall growth of the Unified Communications product line by implementing SIP Based solutions.
- Play a key role in the execution of new customer cut-over to Rogers’ service
- Interface with the client to design, coordinate and implement Unified Communications solutions
- Support the team with third-party communications (carriers, integrators) in order implementation and service acceptance testing, as applicable
- Manage issues related to cut-over by working with third-party providers and the engineering team when required
What you will bring:
- Experience with Voice over IP and SIP Trunking
- Order entry and management experience
- Agility and responsiveness when faced with unforeseen issues
- Strong and confident communication skills with both customers, peers, and managers
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Bilingual (English/French) language skills, both verbal and written
Knowledge of Asterisk
- Configuring extensions
- Configuring dial plans
- Integrating with SQL databases
- Using global and local variables
Experience with SIP Tracing
- Knowledge of the major SIP RFC’s
- Understanding the components of a SIP URI
- Familiarity with common SIP flow (early media, delayed ack, codec negotiation, etc)
- Troubleshooting specific SIP error responses (486, 480, 500, 503, 603, etc)
- IP-PBXs (Cisco, Avaya, Sangoma, Mitel)
- IP Phones (Polycom, Yealink, Cisco, Mitel)
- IP Soft Clients (Bria, Zoiper)
- Understand the OSI model
- Distinguish media vs signalling in VoIP telephony
- Capture and analyze packets
A good knowledge of English is necessary as this role requires regular communication in English with customers and/or team members in other provinces.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Product Development
Requisition ID: 282128
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Sales & Marketing