Simulcast Switching Operator
City : Dundas, ON, CA
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Simulcast Operators are responsible for the simultaneous program substitutions (or NDS – Non-Duplicated Substitutions) on Cable TV systems in the Hamilton, Burlington/Oakville, and Niagara region as well as 14 remote systems throughout the Cogeco Ontario and Quebec territory.
What you will do:
- Perform live system Simulcast switches for Cogeco
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and detail while completing multiple tasks in highly time sensitive conditions
- Operate in accordance with CRTC regulations and the Cogeco Cable simulcast policies
- Efficiently manage your duties to ensure updates/changes to simulcast programming are done in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide support to Cogeco regarding equipment, simulcasts, and reporting procedures
- Import all applicable events into the automation system; review all loaded events consistently for accuracy and update accordingly
- Report all technical problems to the appropriate contacts and the Supervisor
- Ensure that format, technical and regulatory standards are developed and maintained as required
- Actively monitor quality control
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 7 Innovation Drive (7747), Dundas, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 281370
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology