Signal Inspector – Rail & Transit
City : Toronto, ON
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is seeking a Rail Signal Inspector/Tester to join our Rail & Transit team, located at offices within the GTA. This position assists the project team by developing plans and procedures, performing on-site signal testing duties, working closely with third-party contractors and representatives of WSP’s clients.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Responsible for developing signal test plans in accordance with the contract documents and signal designs;
- Conduct all aspects of factory acceptance testing, field signal testing and commissioning, in coordination with the Tester-In-Charge;
- Conduct all activities of field signal inspection on signal systems (e.g. interlocking and level grade crossing) for both field and inside bungalow & signal case.
- Troubleshooting of faults during testing for signal interlocking and grade crossing warning system;
- Responsible for signing-off testing certificate and in-service certificate;
- Responsible for signal testing and signal inspection at track level and in signal bungalow;
- Collaborate with design engineers, third-party contractors, and interact with the Client or the Client Representative;
- May be expected to work during hours when rail track is not in operation. This may include night shifts and weekend hours.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 7 years relevant North American railway signals experience with 5 years of signals in field testing and commissioning experience on North American mainline railways;
- 5 years relevant experience in the preparation, writing and execution of railway signal test documents (test sheets);
- 3 years relevant experience in shop testing and signal inspection;
- Familiar with American Railway Engineering Maintenance Right-of-Way Association (AREMA) recommended practices;
- Familiar with GIs and S&C SCPs in accordance with AREMA Standards;
- Familiarity with GO Transit GIs and S&C SCPs is an asset;
- Familiarity with signals design and signal systems and equipment used on Metrolinx Corridors is an asset;
- Testing experience on the legacy signal system of the Metrolinx USRC is an asset;
- Knowledge in the understanding and application of Canadian Railway Operating Rules (CROR).
- Knowledge and experience of FAT and SAT.